AMMS Lion's Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, April 17th, 2023
2022 - 2023 School Year
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Ashley Perry, 6th grade Assistant Principal
The Georgia Milestones are approaching, and we want to go over a few reminders with you in order to create a successful testing environment for our students.
- Please make sure that your child brings their fully-charged school-issued laptop and charger every day of testing. If they do not have their laptop, they will have to make-up test, as we do not have any extra devices to use.
- Make sure your child gets a good night sleep and eats breakfast.
- Ensure that your child arrives to school on time. We will begin testing promptly at 9:00 am.
- All smartwatches and cell phones are not allowed in the testing environment. These need to be kept in lockers during testing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Ashley Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder to Parents - Monday, April 24th is a different bell schedule.
* Milestone schedules for April 25th to May 5th will be posted in next week's newsletter.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
April 24th - 26th - Milestones Testing ELA (all grades)
April 27th - 6th Grade Social 4:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
April 28th - Milestones Testing (Algebra 1 EOC)
May 1st - 2nd - Milestones Testing (Math All Grades)
May 4th - Milestones Testing (8th Grade Science)
May 5th - Milestones Testing (8th Grade Social Studies)
May 24th - May Madness
Testing Spirit Week
Tuesday, April 18th
“Mark your Test the Best” – Wear Neon
Wednesday, April 19th
“Rock the Test” – Show your spirit and wear a t-shirt from your favorite band/singer or your AMMS Spirit Wear
Thursday, April 20th
“Charge your Testing Powers” – Dress as a superhero
Friday, April 21st
“Get a Good Night’s Rest” – PJ Day
Parent Education Night Hosted by AMMS PTA
Parent Education Night Hosted by AMMS PTA
Topic: Social Media and Mental Health among Adolescents
You won’t want to miss this informative session!
Date: April 20, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83596749070
Meeting ID: 835 9674 9070
Sponsored By: The Summit Counseling Center
Presented By: Nehemiah McClendon and Charles Smith, Med, Licensed Associate Professional Counselors
General Members Meeting (short)
We will have a brief member meeting to vote on the incoming PTA Board. We need a quorum so please attend!
Date: April 25, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85006756678
Meeting ID: 850 0675 6678
6th Grade Social
Date: April 27, 2023
Time: 4:15 p.m. -6:00 p.m.
We still need volunteers!
1. First, go through the volunteer process from Fulton County Schools
2. Second, please sign up for one of the time slots here.
Media Center April Newsletter
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
Prevent Child Abuse America recognizes the importance of families and communities working together to prevent child abuse and neglect. The theme this year is "Doing Things Differently: Moving From the Challenge to the Change." Child abuse can have long‐term psychological, emotional, and physical effects that have lasting consequences for victims of abuse. We must work together as a community to increase awareness about child abuse and to promote the social and emotional well‐being of children and families in a safe, stable, and nurturing environment. Together we can strengthen families and prevent child abuse.
Attention 6th and 7th Graders
Dress Code Information
Autrey Mill Middle School Dress Code:
Private body parts must be covered
Undergarments must be covered
Hoods must stay off head
No hats (exception for Hijab)
Costumes are not permitted, unless specified by the school
Onesies and silk pajamas are not permitted
Messages, graphics, and pictures of/or promoting drugs/alcohol, violence, weapons, sexual content, hate, or anything that administration deems inappropriate are not permitted.
Shoes should be safe and appropriate for school.
*Note: all language and graphics on clothing and personal items should be inclusive and kind.
Students and parents are expected to honor the dress code so that valuable school time is not spent examining student attire to determine appropriateness. If a student is determined to be violating the dress code, they will be given a PE uniform to wear for the rest of the day and possible disciplinary action for repeated dress code violations.
MOVING OVER THE SUMMER?
Summer is often a time when families move and transfer their children to another school. If this is something that your family is planning, please let the Counseling Office know, as it is helpful to know which students are not returning and where they are going. A Fulton County Withdrawal Form is required to be filled out, whenever a student moves to a new school. The student’s records will be sent once a Request for Records is requested by the new school throught ScribOrder: https://fultonga.scriborder.com/
Please contact Barbara Pieper with any questions, 470-254-8244 or email@example.com.
May Madness 22-23
AMMS School Store Volunteers Sign Up 2nd Semester 2022-2023
Calling all AMMS parents and guardians! The School Store needs volunteers for this semester! Join the team to meet new people, be involved and have fun! This is a biweekly 1 1/2 hour commitment. #ammspta Use the QR code or link to sign up to volunteer at The School Store today! https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/10c0f44a8aa22a5fecf8-amms6
Counseling Office Information
Fulton County Public Schools is now offering a secure website to facilitate student records requests and transcripts.
All requests for student records/information will be submitted and paid for (if applicable) online. Phone and fax requests will no longer be accepted.
From the desk of our Social Worker, Dr. John B. Burger, LCSW
Parent's Responsibility When a Child is Absent
- Parents should notify the school before or after the absence(s)
- Notes should be directed to attendance owner at the school
- Handwritten note or email
- Notification from parents should happen no later than 5 days after absence
Middle and High School
- Middle/High School messages begin going out around 4:30 p.m. on the day of the absence.
- If your student is absent or misses one or more periods of the school day, they will be marked with an "A" (for absent) in our attendance system, and you will receive an automated phone call and email message to the designated contact info you provided in Infinite Campus. This includes excused absences that are approved in advance.
- Errors can occur and if you feel you received a phone call by mistake, contact your school front office to verify that your student’s attendance record is accurate.
- If your student's absence was unexpected, please remember to contact your child's school by sending in a note or email so the absence can be marked "excused" in the system.
FCS COVID 19 Reporting Procedures
FCS COVID 19 Reporting
Due to the ever-changing nature of this pandemic, the district will continue to monitor COVID data and recommendations, consult with public health officials, and make additional adjustments as necessary. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Families are still required to report a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, a pending COVID-19 test result (regardless of the reason for testing), and a direct contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive. FCS student/parents must use the Parent Reporting Portal to make the COVID-19 report.
Want to know more? Ready to be a part of 3DE Leadership Academy?
Scan the QR Code to visit our website.