NISCA E-Newsletter September 2021
Join NISCA and Get Great Member Benefits
The NISCA membership year runs from August 1st to July 31st. The sooner you join, the more benefit you get. NISCA member benefits include
- $1M Liability insurance policy that covers you at ANY pool with ANY program, not just your HS.
- A bi-monthly Journal with articles specifically geared toward High School swimming, diving and water polo.
- FREE All America applications for Swimming, Para Swimming, Water Polo, Academic and Scholar Team, reduced application fee for All America Diving
- The opportunity to participate in a professional organization in a leadership position.
- The NISCA Annual Conference. This year the Conference will be held in Atlanta GA March 23-26 in conjunction with Men's NCAA's. Conference attendees have the opportunity to purchase tickets to the meet. There will also be an on-line only option for attending Conference remotely! Join the meetings via Zoom, and watch the speakers via live-stream.
- Access to all of the resources for coaching on the NISCA website.
- Books, shirts and more in the NISCA Store.
An annual NISCA membership is only $75. You can't afford not to be a NISCA member.
NISCA on Facebook
Looking for a community of High School coaches who are willing to share knowledge and trade ideas? Look no further than the NISCA High School Swim Coaches Exchange Group on Facebook. This is a closed group that is for high school swimming, diving and water polo coaches to talk to each other. Join us today! You don't have to be a NISCA member to join the Facebook group, just let us know which high school you coach at when you request to join.
Publicize your Team!
High school swimming, and swimming in general, doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Make sure your team and athletes are getting recognized for their accomplishments. Here's how.
1. Send your meet results out into the world. When you have a big meet, send your results or even a short blurb about the meet to the swimming media outlets like Swimming World Magazine, Swim Swam News, and SwimCloud.com.
3. Send the information to your local paper. If you use IST's MEETWARE software, there's a report that will format meet results automatically for your local paper. If they have social media, make sure you are following and tagging them in your posts and tweets too.