To be president you must:
- Be a natural born citizen or citizen of the United States.
- You must be 35 years old
- 14 years resident to be president.
- A president can only be elected twice.
Salary, Benefits & Perks of Being President
- Salary: $400,000
Benefits of Being President:
- $50,000 expense account (used for meetings)
- $100,000 personal food, travel, and entertainment account
- Access to White House (including movie theater bowling alley, tennis court, and putting green)
- Personal Staff: chefs, gardeners
- Air Force One, Marine One, and Presidential Limousine
- Access to Camp David, a presidential retreat home located in Maryland
- Medical and dental care
- Secret Service protection for 10 years.
- Be commander in chief of Army and Navy when called into service.
- Require the opinion of the principal officer in each executive department.
- Have the power to grant reprieves and pardonds
- Make treaties
- Nominate and appoint ambassadors, judges of the Supreme Court and all other officers of the United States.
- Fill up all vacancies during the recess of the Senate
- Give to Congress information of the State of the Union.
- Receive ambassadors and other prime ministers.
- Take care that the laws be faithfully executed.
- Commission all the officers of the United States.
- Decision making: This is important to have because as president you will have to make tough decisions.
- Collaborative teams: The president will need to find the best and brightest individuals in our nation to help build teams to tackle major problems we are facing.
- Trust: The president must work to restore trust between the American people and the government.
- Conflict resolution: The president will need to deliberately spend time focused on various mediated conflicts and will need to be a peace maker.
- Facilitate: The president will need to facilitate high stakes, open meetings and the president should make it easy to see what really goes on in government. If coalitions block or resist change, then they should hold meetings in front of the American people so we can see what is going on.
Affordable Health Care Act
Everyone goes to the doctor and the Affordable Health Care Act allows everyone to do so by providing affordable health insurance to the people of America. As president, I will make healthcare affordable and for those people who are struggling medically, I will have the government pay for the ones who need it most.