Family Engagement Coordinator
FEC PLC Notes November 10, 2015 By Marla Latryce Baldwin
FEC PLC Agenda
Future topics for FEC PLC’s
UTVA Learning Coach University- Mrs. LuAnn Charles
LCU sharing and survey
A little inspiration
Next PLC and attendance survey
Family Engagement Coordinator PLC Attendees
Ms. Lori Beverage Senior Manager National Online Family Support
CPA/ISCO/PPOS (FEC)_Teressa Henderson
MVCA_ Family Engagement Coordinator Ms. Baldwin
NCVA FAST Kristin Contreras
ORVA_FAST Lead_FEC_Jennifer Tracewell
TNVA Jennifer Martinez FEC
FEC PLC Notes
- Mrs. LuAnn Charles from UTVA shared her expertise in how she facilitates Learning Coach University.
- The presentation of Learning Coach University (LCU) videos.
- Teachers share LCU with struggling families before referring families to FAST.
- Learning Coaches are asked to attend at least six sessions before receiving a LCU certificate.
- Over 237 UTVA parents have graduated from UTVA's LCU.
- Over 1809 Learning Coaches have viewed UTVA's LCU videos.
- Over 830 page views.
- At the conclusion of Ms. Charles presentation. Mrs. Beverage shared the Learning Coach University parent support survey.
Mrs. Beverage discussed the difference between self-care and self-indulgence. FEC Participants shared on the white board and in the chat what we do to alleviate stress, what nourishes us, when do we find time for ourselves, can we make room for change?
FEC PLC Action Items
- FEC Participants were asked to perform one of two exercises to increase positive mood either a virtual collage or a writing exercise and share with Mrs. Lori Beverage at the end of the week.
- Mrs. Beverage will send out the instructions to the FEC Participants. She also shared a TED Talk video entitled: The Happy Secret To Better Work.
- Mrs. Beverage sent the attendance survey for participants to complete.
Attendees and Additional Notes
- Sixteen Family Engagement Coordinators participated in the November 10, 2015 PLC.
- Family Engagement Coordinators who perform dual roles will attend a separate breakout sessions starting the next meeting.