Vondguraus McClee 4B American Literature
What is mass Hysteria ?
Mass Hysteria is defined as a condition affecting a group of persons, characterized by excitement or anxiety, irrational behavior or beliefs, or inexplicable symptoms of illness.
The Crucible vs 9/11
Abigail Williams, Betty Parris , Mercy Lewis .......Osama Bin Laden
- The girls are similar to Osama Bin Laden because they were the ones that caused the death of innocent people . They are also similar in the way that they both cause a enormous group of people to be hurt.
- Characters like Rebecca nurse ,Martha Corey and John Procter were claimed to be witches . In the 9/11 attack several Muslim citizens were put on trail because they were believed to be terrorist by there apperence just like the individuals in The Crucible.
Mass Hysteria project
- Thousands of people were involved in this event.
- The event took place in New York City on September 11 2011 at the World Trade Center.
- The planes that crashed into the World Trade Center and the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania spurred Hysteria among others because it created sense of fear and chaos among everyone.
- Peoples lives were affected because it was a terrorist attack and killed thousands of people's loved ones and brung the u.s to be overprotective.
- This altered the course of history because it was the largest terrorist attack that struck the United States and killed thousands of people.
- A few key members of this event are Abigail Williams ,Betty Parris and Mercy Lewis
- This event took place in 1962 in Salem Massachusetts.
- The girls accused innocent people of being witches and they lost there lives with caused a mass hysteria in the community.
- The community was impacted in a major way many people were put in fear because of the fact that they might be accused of witchcraft.
- This event altered history we now have changed the court system and or the trail methods because of this event .
"Mohamed Mani Ahmad al Qahtanin freedetainees. N.d web.28 January 2015"
Miller, Arthur . The Crucible.New York . penguin group, 1976 . book
Balz , Dan and Phillip Ricker. Washington post.The Washington post,13 January 2015