What is an Entrepreneur?
An entrepreneur is a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risk in the hope of profit.
What makes an entrepreneur
- You have to be determined to succeed to pull yourself through these obstacles.
- You also have to be ready to put in incredibly long hours, every day of the week, for months - if not years.
Ability to see a bigger picture:
- You need to the kind of person who can see the bigger picture so these don't get you down.
- When you're running your own business, you'll face constant setbacks.
- That means grabbing an opportunity when you see one and not being afraid of failure.
- The very best entrepreneurs are almost always the biggest risk takers. Without risk, there is no reward.
- Business is all about relationships.
- You also need to build a relationship with customers and make them want to do business with you because they like you.
- To be successful, it'll really help if you're the kind of person who can build rapport easily and isn't afraid to strike up a chat.
- Entrepreneurs always think of profits and the bottom line. If you're not focused on making money or at least breaking even, you're not going to have a business for very long - just a cash-drain.
- Thinking through any financial decision carefully is far more important than doing so quickly.
Not afraid of failure:
- If you worry too much about failing, you'll never start a business. You have to be willing to fail if you want to succeed.
- Banishing a fear of failure also gives a massive boost to your confidence and risk-taking ability.