Kutz Cougar Courier Times
KUTZ ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S NEWSLETTER
June 3, 2022
Adelberger Family Update
-Christina Adelberger, Kutz Principal
- Friday, June 3- Sunday, June 5- District Art Show (see information below)
- Tuesday, June 7- 6th Grade Promotion @ 7 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM)
- Wednesday, June 8- Device Collection for Grades K-2 and Grade 6 (see information below)
- Wednesday, June 8- Senior Walk (wear Kutz or CB West gear)
- Thursday, June 9- Move Up Day (see information below)
- Friday, June 10- Last Day of School, Early Dismissal @ 12:10 PM
- Wednesday, June 15- Report Cards posted to Parent Portal @ 1 PM
Attention Parents of Students in Grades K-2 and Grade 6
Dear Parents/Guardians of Students with District Devices:
Overview: The Technology and Innovation Department is preparing to collect all CB devices and chargers from students in grades K-2, 6, 9, and 12. Students in grades 3-5, 7-8, and 10-11 will keep their device over the summer. Below are details about the collection of these devices. Please read them carefully.
*Note: The Technology and Innovation Department will work with buildings to re-deploy devices to these students in August 2022.
- Students in Grades K-2 and Grade 6 from Kutz will be returning devices on Wednesday, June 8 to their homeroom teacher.
- Please have your child come prepared with their device(s), charger(s), and pen (if applicable).
- All Hotspots must be returned with the device (if applicable).
- Complete the Device Collection Checklist (sent via email on 6/3) to hand in with the device. Extra copies will be available at the collection if you are unable to print.
- Laptop bags do not need to be returned. Your child will be reusing this bag next year.
- If there are any technical issues with the device, please be sure to place a help desk ticket so we can resolve the issue prior to summer.
- Please remove any non-CBSD stickers or USB devices from laptops and iPads before returning.
Missing Accessories: Please go to MyPayments Plus to pay for items that you lost or damaged while in your possession. Bring a receipt with you as proof of payment. This receipt can be given to you child's homeroom teacher and/or the office staff.
- iPad users: It is important that you are returning the white brick (10w) and cable. *Note: iPhone charging blocks (5w) will not be accepted. These are smaller and do not have the correct wattage for charging an iPad appropriately.
- Laptop users: Your AC adapter must be a manufacturer-issued (Lenovo) charging cable. Generic brands are not acceptable.
- Device Pens: All laptops must be returned with a pen.
Devices/Accessories not Returned: If a student does not return his/her device, Hot Spot, Pen or Charger a usage fee will be issued per student. Devices not returned will be disabled and unusable. The fees are: charger $35, Device $250, Pen $37 (if applicable).
Thank you so much for your support and understanding in helping to make this process as smooth as possible.
District Art Show
District Art Show Participants
Congratulations to the the following students that have pieces selected for the district art show!
Siena Jimenez-AshbyEthan Marra
Move Up Day Information
Family in Need
One of our Kutz families is going through a difficult time. Kaitlyn Fuller, the mom of Charlie, a 1st grader in Mrs. Kallelis’s class, and 2 other small children, was recently diagnosed with cancer and has been undergoing surgery and treatments that will last through summer. A meal train has been created to support their family during these challenging days. If you’d like to help with the effort to provide meals, the link to the meal train is below.
Free and Reduced Lunch for 2022-2023
Central Bucks is pleased to announce the availability of applying for Free and Reduced Price Meals online! The process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere!
Instructions: If you are applying for Free and Reduced Lunch and would like your child’s school to provide additional resources to your family, please complete and select which items you would like assistance with. Please return forms to the main office/Mrs. Adelberger (principal).
Click here for PDF directions for how to input the absence, tardy, or early dismissal.
Click here for video directions for how to input the absence, tardy or early dismissal.
Absence requests will be reviewed by school attendance staff and approved or denied.
Requests made using the parent portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Thank you for your attention to this.
New Student Registration
If you will have a new student (kindergarten, first grade) attending Central Bucks in the fall of 2022, now is the time to register. Enrollment for all new students (grades kindergarten through 12) is now ongoing. It is strongly recommended that you submit your application no later than June 1, 2022.
Registering students now ensures that buildings plan for appropriate staff and resources for the coming year. Visit www.cbsd.org/register to complete the process online. If your student is currently enrolled, it is not necessary to re-register them, this process is for new students only.
Visit www.cbsd.org/register for more details, including necessary documents to gather in order to register children. Please consider as soon as possible to aid the district in its planning for 2022-2023.
CBSD Technology when Traveling
Currently, the Technology and Innovation Department blocks Microsoft Office 365 logins to Outlook, OneDrive, ClassLink, and Canvas from foreign countries. This aids in protecting our CBSD user accounts and organization from malicious computer attacks from outside of the United States.
Students who travel cannot assume their devices will work once they leave the United States. For student out-of-country access requests, please know that access to technology for vacations will not be approved at this time.
Kutz Passive Fundraisers
Breakfast and Lunch Programs
In April 2021, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service extended the program that will provide for free meals for all students, regardless of income, for the 2021-22 school year. This has been made possible by nationwide waivers that provide for free meals for all students through June 2022.
All menus are available to be viewed online up to 2 weeks in advance by visiting www.cbsd.nutrislice.com.
Students are entitled to one complete reimbursable breakfast per day and one complete reimbursable lunch per day. Any second entrée will be charged to the students’ lunch account. We encourage all families to put money on their students account through MySchoolBucks.com as there will be no cash transactions this year in an effort to serve the students as safely and swiftly as possible.
Daily School Hours
Kutz is a "B" School
- Arrival begins at 8:30 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:50 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:30 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:50 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 12:10 PM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:30 and the student day begins at 10:50
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:50 AM (arrival begins at 8:30 AM) and ends at 11:25 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:55 PM and ends at 3:30 PM
- Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, we will implement a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Kutz: AM Students 10:50 AM – 12:35 PM and PM Students 1:45 PM – 3:30 PM
Student Directory 2021-2022
The student directory for the 2021-2022 school year is on the Kutz website! Click here to access it. This is a password protected document. The password was sent in a separate email on October 11th.
Reminder for Volunteer Clearances
The 2021-22 school year brings back opportunities to volunteer in school. If you have not already done so, please click here (https://www.cbsd.org/volunteers) to learn more about the process and requirements to volunteer in CBSD. New this year is the App Garden Volunteer Tracker (https://appgarden5.app-garden.com/VolTrackPA92102.nsf/VolApp.xsp), a contactless application and paperwork submission process. Sign-up is required for both new and returning volunteers.
Clearances expire five years after approval, so please check your CBSD Volunteer card to make sure yours are still current. If you have additional questions about volunteering in our district, please contact Florence at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 267-893-2086.
Thank you for supporting our staff and students by volunteering your time!
Food Service Information
Want to view our lunch menu? Need to add funds to your child's account? Looking for nutrition information? Need to apply for free and reduced breakfast/lunch? Click here to learn more about Food Services in Central Bucks.
Child Care Program
Looking for more information on our Before and After School Programs? Click here to learn how to register your child.
Kutz Character Traits: Perseverance, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility
Christina Adelberger, Principal