- Student books consist of Volume 1 and Volume 2 for most subjects. Exception: Precalculus and Financial Literacy Math which are single volumes.
- Only Volume 1 is needed for first semester.
- MS: textbooks are consumable. This means that all students will have their own textbooks which they may write in.
- HS: Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 books are paperback but not consumable. They are to be used as class sets. When teachers divide these books up, they might want to write a book number inside in permanent marker (for instance, H-01 for Hiner book 1). If a student wants a book while learning remotely, one can be signed out.
- Algebra 1 course in MS: If a school has only one section of the course, students may write in the book, since new books will be sent out each year.
- HS: Integrated Math II courses will be taught using the hardback books from last year. We also loaded Geometry and Algebra 1 digital books into the course so teachers can take advantage of the new Reveal platform if they wish. Note that we do not have additional print books for Algebra 1 and Geometry to use in Integrated Math II. Digital use would be required.
- We will get a new supply of high school student books each year.
Number Worlds: These kits are to be used in the school when we return to buildings. Nothing should be signed out.
- We have a very limited number of teacher editions. We will start sending them out after all student books have been received.
- Precalculus: each building will receive one hard copy of the teacher edition. Note: the online book is in PDF form in the digital binder.
- We are still working on the Financial Literacy Math TE and student books. However, digital access is working.
- Integrated Math I has been replaced with Algebra 1.
- Students may also take Algebra 1 - Part 1. This is a course where students take Algebra 1 over two years. Students receive one full math credit for each year.
- Principals received a document that they could use to determine which students to schedule in one-year or two-year Algebra 1.
- This will be the last year for Integrated Math II. Next year, it will be replaced with Geometry.
- Geometry curriculum will be ready in October. A few high schools are planning to offer it second semester of this school year on block format.
- Integrated Math III has been replaced by Algebra 2 this year. If anyone is scheduled to teach an Integrated Math III course, that needs to be switched over to Algebra 2 right away. Exception: Course 902030E is for students in self-contained classrooms.
- Please see this guide for more information on math scheduling.
Courses in ConnectED Accounts
Old courses will appear in ConnectEd until Sept 16.
New Reveal courses appear on the right-side of the screen by clicking on Mymheducation.com or "Reveal Math". There may be a drop-down menu with school names. If so, select your current school.
Please note: It is imperative that your schedule be entered correctly in Infinite Campus. If not, your Clever and McGraw-Hill accounts will not be correct.
The next thing to do is rename your sections or Reveal Math to something that makes more sense to YOU. Please download the PDF below to find out how.
Clutter / Spam
We will be completing a bulk upload for the new school year somewhere around Sept 3 - 8.
Here is what that entails:
- If you are a teacher who moved to a new building, you will get a new account
- If you are new to the district, you will get an account
- All courses will be created for you and students will be enrolled in them during this process
After this initial upload, teachers can move students into new Ohio and CCS aligned courses.
New this year: Many MS and HS courses have been created with objectives by chapter. Your ALEKS class will follow the Scope and Sequence as it appears in the Clear Learning Target. You can choose to set required dates of completion or leave all objectives open for students to progress from one to the next as he or she is ready to move on (recommended). Or, you can turn off the objectives and have the course work as normal.
For more ALEKS information, visit our guide here:
New: Reveal/ALEKS support page
The direct link is: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/8490
Giving students their ALEKS info
We are also going to try something new this year. We are going to add parent email fields to our bulk upload. Parents will then be emailed their child's login information.
Ask an Expert Series: Online Office Hours
Below, you will find opportunities to interact directly with a Curriculum Specialist who will be happy to serve as a guide for you, answering any questions that may arise as you engage in your important summer work. Please note that for some programs you will find ADMINISTRATOR and TEACHER focused sessions.
By clicking on each provided link, you will be taken directly into a Zoom meeting with a Specialist who will be ready to support you. When there, ask away! The time will be designed to meet your needs. Please note: The password for every Zoom meeting included below is MHE2020.
September 1, 2020 (3:15-3:45pm)
September 3, 2020 (8:00-8:30am)
September 8, 2020 (8:00-8:30am)
September 10, 2020 (3:15-3:45pm)
September 15, 2020 (3:15-3:45pm)
September 17, 2020 (8:00-8:30am)
September 22, 2020 (8:00-8:30am)
September 24, 2020 (3:15-3:45pm)
September 29, 2020 (3:15-3:45pm)
October 1, 2020 (8:00-8:30am)
Remote Learning Resources
Visit mheducation.com to find additional support including a library of free resources. McGraw Hill has compiled program how-to videos to support teachers, students and families successfully transition to the world of remote learning.
WHERE TO GET HELP
WHAT IS REVEAL MATH ?
ADDITIONAL “HOW-TO” RESOURCES
Reveal Math Overview
Navigating the Teacher Account
Assigning and Grading
Reveal Math Resources
• Reveal Math Research Brochure (PDF)
Obtaining additional support
If prompted for a password, enter math
Another ALEKS Padlet contains grading and motivation ideas.
You can view videos of the past PD sessions for Reveal Math, ALEKS, and Number Worlds in our Digital Binder. The direct link can be found here.
EMAIL FOR SUPPORT:
Steve Hiner email@example.com
Number Worlds support: Askfirstname.lastname@example.org