Top TEN News @ Weston
October 5, 2018
Oct. 5 = End of 1st Quarter
Oct. 8-19 = FALL BREAK
Oct. 22 = Red Ribbon Week!
Oct. 26 = Report Cards available via Powerschool @ noon
Oct. 27 = PTO Halloween Fest!
2. We are PROUD to have recognized 174 students for Perfect Attendance in September! Check out the brag tags below that they received :)
3. Looking for a Writing activity for child over break? Check out Indy Honor Flight . . . .
Part of the plan for every flight is the collection of Mail Call, so if you will be kind enough to gather all of your writing partners and send us a bunch of great letters, cards and drawings we will be sure to get them delivered to the heroes on IHF Flight 28! This is a very special part of the flight, so please help us make it happen!
Please address to Any Veteran, please do not date the letter or card, please express your gratitude and appreciation! All mail call is due to IHF by October 12th. If you know a Veteran on the flight please put their name on the envelope.
You can send these to:
Indy Honor Flight
PO Box 10
Plainfield IN 46168
4. Coats for Kids distribution is planned for October 20th at the Indiana State Fairgrounds from 8:00am-2:00pm in the Elements Financial Blue Ribbon Pavilion Indianapolis, IN 46205. Children from across Central Indiana can come on this date to the Indiana State Fair Grounds to pick out a warm winter coat, hat, and gloves. This program is able to provide coats for newborns through high school Seniors; Families wishing to donate a new or gently used winter coat to this event may do so at any Tuchman Cleaners in Indianapolis.
5. ISTEP+ scores from 2017-2018 were released by the IDOE this week. There was an article in Friday’s Daily Reporter with the results for the entire county. Weston did extremely well last year and we have A LOT to be proud of! Check out our corporation’s results below.
6. Responsibility Character Leaders from September were recognized this week. Their pictures will be in the Daily Reporter. You can also check them out on Twitter at #WestonProud.
7. Christmas Assistance applications will be available from Mrs. Miller from October 22 - November 16.
8. Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Oct. 25 or Nov. 1. Do you have your time scheduled yet? We look forward to seeing you!
9. 3rd grade ChalkFest was so much fun! All third grade students had an opportunity to decorate part of the back parking lot -- showing things that they knew about kindness and bullying prevention. We had several GCHS students from an art class come over to help. The kids did a great job of working together. Check out the pictures below and on Twitter at #WestonProud.
10. The Weston Extra is attached. This monthly news release gives you more details about ALL the ‘Extra’ things going on at Weston.