July 2020 Edition
Welcome to the weekly parent newsletter!
Each Friday during the school year, you will receive updates, information, and highlights from the family at Chinn Elementary! This newsletter will be sent out to all parent email addresses as well as the Chinn Facebook page...make sure you go and like the page for all the pictures and updates! https://www.facebook.com/ChinnElementary/
Important Dates Upcoming
Back To School Night
2020-2021 Park Hill Reopening Plan
New Chinn Start Times
- The Chinn office will open at 8:00 am each morning for phone calls
- We will open the doors for students at 8:40 am
- Class begins at 9:03 am for all grades
- Dismissal will begin at 3:48 pm
- The Chinn office will be open until 4:45 daily
Countdown to Kindergarten
- Enroll today! You can do this while you complete verification for your current student, and if you know someone who is new to the district, they can complete a new enrollment.
- Save the date for our Kindergarten Kickoff event, which will be in the evening on August 20th. You and your child will get a chance to get to know your new school and get excited for kindergarten! If you enroll now, your school will be able to send you their specific time and details for the evening when it gets closer.
- Save the date for the first day of school on Monday, August 24! We will do kindergarten readiness assessments after school starts to help us better meet your child’s educational needs.
Information about online verification and residency
How to get started:
- Click this link for a guide for how to complete verification: https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_62416/File/Technology/Verification%20Getting%20Started%20for%20Parents%20(1).pdf
- If you have any questions or need assistance with accessing the Parent Portal, filling out the verification form or uploading residency documents, please contact Laurie Gardner at 816-359-4330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mask Social Stories
KidGuard Insurance Enrollment
Park Hill School District (per Board Policy JHA) continues to offer all families the opportunity to enroll their student(s) (Pre-K through 12th) in a low cost, district approved insurance program.
The KidGuard Insurance Enrollment Form is to be mailed by families directly to KidGuard in Saint Louis, MO
If you have any questions regarding benefits and claim liability please contact:
Lawrence E. Smith & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 411216
Saint Louis, MO 63141-1216
The application form is linked below for your convenience. It is also available at the park hill website under Parent resources-->Parent Information-->Student Health-->Insurance-->2020-2021 KidGaurd Insurance
https://www.facebook.com/ourloudlibrary Follow Chinn’s Loud Library on Facebook to see what students are working on, what we are reading & stay up to date on our newest adventures.
Facebook.com/ChinnElementaryArtRoom Like this page to see all the latest and greatest creations and happenings in your child’s Art class!
https://www.facebook.com/ChinnPhysEd/ Like this page to see all of the wonderful activities, kinesthetic learning opportunities, and games that your students are learning.