By: Miranda Steponik
1. 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 out of 4 has had it happen more than once.
2. Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
3. 68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
4. 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.
5. 90% of teens who have seen social-media bullying say they have ignored it. 84% have seen others tell cyber bullies to stop.
6. Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse.
7. Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be victims of cyber bullying.
8. About 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online.
9. 2 out of 9 bullying victims are more likely to consider committing suicide.
10. About 75% of students admit they have visited a website bashing another student.