- Life in a old Chinese society on a normal day was very hard for the farmers. The nobles and merchants were very laid back.
- The nobles lived in luxurious palaces while the farmers in china survived in small huts.
- The woman were asked to take care of the children,and household chores.
- The men worked on farms.
- The women never had their choice in marriage.
- Girls at the age of puberty were made to go through foot binding which was a very painful practice.
- During foot binding their toes were broken and bandaged.
- Foot binding reduced the size of their feet. This process was for a very long time.