Barnwell 45 School Board Update
March 17, 2016 Board Meeting
- Mr. Burdge introduced 3 new employees. Chief Jeffery Gordon, BHS JROTC; Garry Baxley, Assistant CFO; Tina Smith, Special Services
- Steve Andrews and Jason Browning along with students Able Villalobos and Vivek Patel, presented information to the Board about Project Lead The Way a STEM program at BHS.
- Denise Parker and Kara Bolen shared the presentation they did at the Library Conference. It was entitled The BES Literacy Team, A Collaboration Between Media Specialist and Literacy Coach.
- The following action was taken:
A. Approval of the February 25, 2016 Regular Board Meeting
B. Approval of the December Financial Report- approved
C. Resolution for Bond Issue-approved
D. Re-election of Certified Personnel- approved
E. Re-election of Non-Certified Personnel- approved
F. Approval of the Personnel Report- approved
G. Approval of Superintendent’s Evaluation Goals. approved 4 to 1,
Ms. Black was opposed
H. 2nd Reading and approval of the 2016-2017 School Year
I. Approval of 4th Grade Barrier Island Field trip- approved
J. Approval of Student (A) to attend Barnwell 45- approved
5. The Board had an executive session, no action was taken.
Information about SMORE
I just found this website and it is so easy to use. I decided to complete the Board Update using SMORE.
Smore is a website that lets users design their own online flyers. With a free or paid Smore subscription, you can make flyers that serve as newsletters or promote events, products, or services on social media sites. Flyers can also be printed and distributed. The site offers easy-to-read analytics to help you track how readers are responding to promotional efforts. You can view how many visits a flyer has received that month; whether viewers came from Facebook, email, or other sources; how much time users spent reading the flyer; and more. A map shows where viewers live, and you can also print out an email report.
According to Smore, the service has over one million users. The educator version costs $39 a year and lets teachers remove Smore logos and use custom backgrounds, including education-themed ones provided by the site. Teachers can send unlimited emails, access reports that show who opened emails, and automatically make all flyers private, which helps make the experience safer for students. Teachers can test the plan out with a 30-day free trial.