January 16, 2019 | 6:00-6:30pm PT / 9:00-9:30pm ET (UTC-5)
We know that the ultimate goal of the UDL framework is expert learning. But what does that actually mean? How do we define the qualities of expert learners for ourselves and for our learners? How do we ensure that we emphasize the process of becoming expert learners rather than present it as a destination with an endpoint?
- Q1: What does it mean to be purposeful and motivated in your learning?
- Q2: What does it mean to be resourceful and knowledgeable in your learning?
- Q3: What does it mean to be strategic and goal-directed in your learning?
- Q4: How do you share with your students how you are an expert learner?
So what's this #UDLchat all about?
#UDLchat is a bi-monthly Twitter chat focused on Universal Design for Learning (UDL). We are a virtual community of practitioners, enthusiasts, and evangelists eager to discuss resources, successes, and challenges in implementing UDL in a wide variety of environments and contexts.
Join us every 1st & 3rd Wednesday from 6-6:30pm PT / 9-9:30pm ET (UTC-4) for a rapid-fire learning-focused chat, and build your PLN!
New to Twitter Chats?
Here are some great resources to help you get started!
- Edublogs Teacher Challenges: Participate in Twitter Chats
- The Social Media Coach: How to Participate in a Twitter Chat
- Twubs: #UDLchat - Lots of #UDLchat participants use Twubs to keep track of the fast-paced conversation. Twubs has great tools to speed up or slow down the pace of the tweets, and if you log in using your Twitter account, it adds the hashtag to your tweets for you!
- Participate Learning's New Chat Beta - Another great way to keep track of the chat and help collect all the great resources we post.
Want text alerts to remind you before each #UDLchat?
Pick a way to receive messages for #UDLchat:
- If you have a smartphone, get push notifications.
On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/udlchat
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You'll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text the message @udlchat to the number 81010.
If you're having trouble with 81010, try texting @udlchat to (781) 916-9648.
* Standard text message rates apply.
- Don't have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/udlchat on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications.