Madison Roberts 2nd Period #17
2. It protects from germs, dehydration, injury, and UV radiation.
3. The skin temporarily stores glucose, fat, water, and salt.
4. It manufactures vitamin D, which helps the digestive system absorb calcium.
5. The skin regulates body temperature.
Organs and Tissues
Diseases and Infections
2. Skin Cancer - The most common type of cancer. Associated with too much exposure to ultraviolet light. It can destroy tissue and can even cause death.
3. Contact Dermatitis - It causes redness, swelling, and itching. Contact Dermatitis is caused by an allergic substance making contact with the skin.