Wilson, War and Peace
By: Brian Maldonado & Metztonalli Garcia
America gets involved
After many merchant ships sinking in alarming numbers the Allies addressed the problem with the navy tactic: convoying. What they did was that they sent the merchant ships together protected by warships. This rapidly decreased the loss of merchant ships and the Germans failed to stop the Americans.
The 14 points
2. Freedom of the seas, being able to navigate the seas freely
3. Removal of economic barriers, establishment of equality over all the nations
4. Reduction of armaments, less weapons
5. Adjustment of colonial claims, Free open minded of colonial claims
6. conquer territories in Russia, welcoming Russia into society of free nations under institutions of Russia's own choosing.
7. Preservation or Belgian sovereignty, Belgium must be evacuated and restored without any attempt to limit it's sovereignty.
8. Restoration of french territory, all french territory should be freed and restored
9. Redrawing of Italian frontiers, readjustment of Italian frontiers
10. Division of Austria-Hungary, should be given opportunity of self government
11. Redrawing balkan boundaries, rumania, Serbia, and Montenegro should be evacuated have occupied territories restored, Serbia be granted secure access to sea, international guarantees of political and economic independence of balkan states
12. limitation on turkey, Turkish portion of ottomans should be restored sovereignty, but other nationalities should be able assured undoubted security of life and self government
13. establishment of independent Poland, independent polish state should be constructed and include territories inhabited by polish population and insured free and secured access to the sea and guaranteed political and economical independence
14. Association of nations, to secure mutual guarantees of political independence and and territorial integrity to great and small states alike.