The Subjunctive Tense
Certain types of verbs will trigger a subjunctive tenses in the Spanish language. One type of word is one that describes one’s emotions towards others.
Use it when you are talking about someone else's emotion. For example, if I was talking about Ran's emotions I would use subjunctive. You could also use it when you are feeling a certain way towards another person. For example, It makes me happy that you smile.
- encantar (to be delighted)
- gustar ( to be pleasing)
- sentir e>ie (to feel)
- temer (to fear)
- molestar (to annoy)
- contento (happy)
- alegrarse de (to be glad or rejoice in)
- tener miedo de (to be afraid of)
When to use de que
- ¿Les molesta que él escuche la música fuerte? (Does it bother you that he listens to loud music?)
- Esperamos que la profesora no dé muchos exámenes. (We hope the professor won't give many exams.)