Mountain View Weekly Update
Announcements & Updates
- Attention 7th & 8th grade parents: Please click here to complete the permission slip for the annual picnic, scheduled for Monday, June 10.
- Mountain View welcomes Mr. Gurczeski, who will teach 5th grade Mathematics and Social Studies through the end of the school year. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8th grade parents: It's that time of year! Many of our 8th graders are looking for summer work opportunities. If your child is 14 years of age and has been offered summer employment (i.e., at the Mendham Boro Day Camp), you can find the application for working papers (with step-by-step instructions for completion) at the following link: https://www.mendhamboro.org/o/mountain-view-middle-school/browse/44134. Mrs. Mott also has hard copies available in the main office. Note that there are multiple steps involved in securing the right signatures in the appropriate order. Please contact Mrs. Mott or Mrs. Lanka if you have any questions.
- A reminder that NJSLA testing continues next week, concluding on May 16. For specific information, please refer to the March 8 email and last week's Weekly Update.
- Volunteers wanted! The 7th grade class needs volunteers to help deliver Balloons in June to 8th grade graduates on Wednesday, June 12. If you would like to help with this fun, festive event, please sign up here.
- Please remember to carefully review Mrs. Austenberg's end-of-year reminders, included in the April 29 Weekly Update. Note that past updates are available in the "News" section of the Mountain View website and on the "Principal's Page."
- The Mendham Borough Chess Club will have its first meeting on May 17 at the public library. Snacks and chess boards will be provided. This club will be both friendly and a bit competitive, with tournaments once every two months. Flyers are available in the Main Office for those who are interested in more information (note that this is not a district-sponsored club).
Mark your calendars
- 5/17: High Note Festival/Dorney Park