Truman Family News
November 1, 2022
Dear Truman Families,
It has been a strong start to our school year. Last week we hosted Truman Family Night in partnership with the Native American Families of FWPS. Scholars planned and led the event. We had over 200 families join for dinner, face painting, games, photos, free haircuts, and more. We loved getting to know you and welcoming you to campus. At Internet Academy, Leadership scholars are hosting monthly positive recognition assemblies. We will continue to honor scholars who demonstrate the monthly theme. We are proud of our scholars!
Please schedule your SLC or exhibition with your scholar's teacher/advisor. Scholar Led Conferences are very important for communicating learning and progress towards ambitious goals. If a scholar is experiencing challenges, this is a good time to come together in support of the scholar.
Ms. Lynn Herink
Truman Family Night Oct 27
Scholar Led Conferences and Exhibitions
Completing this survey should take a total of approximately 5-10 minutes. Corrected link: https://surveys.panoramaed.com/federalway/familyfall22
Nov 16 - next Parent Advisory to the Principal meeting
Attendance & Participation = More Learning!
We want your scholar at school every day. We have noticed an increase in scholar absences. Parents, please encourage and support your scholar to attend school daily.
At IA, daily attendance means working 5-6 hours per day on assignments in Canvas. It also means attending live zoom class when offered.
Truman Campus Safety
- The doors to Truman are locked. Visitors are to sign in and sign out, and wear a visitor badge.
- We are a closed campus. Scholars may not go to their car and hang out or eat and then come back into school.
- Scholars may not leave campus and return on the same day. An exception is internship days (Tuesdays and Thursdays).
- If scholars need to leave early for a pre-arranged appointment, they are to sign out for the day.
- We are a drug and weapon-free campus - this includes the parking lot area.