Type 2 Diabetes Diet
What you can and cannot eat
What should you eat
- Healthy carbohydrates such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes (beans, peas and lentils) and low-fat dairy products.
- Fiber-rich foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes (beans, peas and lentils), whole-wheat flour and wheat bran.
- Heart-healthy fish because Fish can be a good alternative to high-fat meats. For example, cod, tuna and halibut have less total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than do meat and poultry.
- Good' fats. Foods containing monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as avocados, almonds, pecans, walnuts, olives, and canola, olive and peanut oils
It may seem that your food options but down below you will see some amazing meal recipes that are perfect for people diagnosed with diabetes, as these meal meet the requirements above.
(For the actual recipes click here to http://www.healthline.com/health/type-2-diabetes/seven-day-meal-plan)
What you should not eat
- Saturated fats such as High-fat dairy products and animal proteins such as beef, hot dogs, sausage and bacon
- Trans fats like the fats that are found in processed snacks, baked goods, shortening and butter
- Cholesterol such as high-fat dairy products and high-fat animal proteins, egg yolks, shellfish, liver, and other organ meats