Presidential Help Wanted!
By: Mara Hayes and Emily Hagen
Higher Education Issue
As chief of state I would think about the students that would benefit from the lower cost but also think about the tax payers and everything that will be affected. As chief agenda settler I would help congress prepare the annual federal budget to support students to afford college,while tackling rising college costs. As chief administrator I would help call on Congress to advance new reforms to give more hard working students a fair shot at pursuing higher education and everyone should be able to afford it.
2. Trust- it is important to have a president that connects and establishes trust with Americans and the people in our government.
3. Personality- likable, qualities of leadership, confident, persuasive, work well with others, remain calm under pressure, hard worker
4. Decision making- president knows how to brainstorm possible results when a problem arises, looks at all views and options about situation. President should be able to think before he or she speaks to not offend anyone.
5. Consensus building- important that that a president doesn't simply have an agreement or disagreement towards something without providing support to their statements.
Roles of the President
1. Chief of State- head of a nation as district from the lead of the government. The Chief of State preforms ceremonial functions.
2. Chief Executive- Responsible for looking over operations
3. Commander in Chief- In charge of leading the nations armed forces.
4. Chief Diplomat- Plays a very important role in presidency by directing the U.S foreign policy
5. Chief Legislator: Has the authority to sign or veto a bill of Congress and influences congress when making decisions about laws.
6. Economic Planner- In charge of making sure everything goes as planned and deals with takes, high prices, and unemployment.
7. Political Party leader- Decides who should lead and serve in the Cabinet among the party members. Political Party leader will also help party members get elected by sharing great things about them to the public.https://docs.google.com/a/plsas.org/document/d/15LHXeBD1Zup_MzahM5t0nrB1WvfKFFyX7bcUYxuA1Uk/edit?usp=sharing
Constitutional Requirements to be President
2. Have lived in the country for 14 years
3. Be a natural-born citizen
The Salary, Benefits, and Perks Of the Job
List the (10) Constitutional powers granted to the President in Article II -Categorize the powers into: Executive/Diplomatic/Judicial Legislative -Explain which power is the most important and why (Opinion)
1. Commander in Chief- Executive
2. Commission all military officers of the United states- Executive
3. Make treaties with advice and consent of the Senate- Diplomatic
4.Receive ambassadors- Executive
5.Appoint ambassadors,federal judges,Supreme Court Justices- Executive
6. Grant pardons and reprieves- Judicial Powers
7. Presidential pardons 3 min- Executive
8.5th grader gets pardon- Judicial Powers
9. Obama pardons a turkey- Executive
10. Palin pardons Turkey- Judicial Powers
Executive Power is the most important in my opinion because it has the authority to enforce the laws of the United States. It is a directive rule or regulation issued by the president and has the force of law.