Anthony Wayne - Penta FFA
September Monthly Update
Back to School!
The Ag Business class started school by doing a number of activities including team building, figuring out their learning style, testing their knowledge on corporation size brands, and doing an exercise focusing on finances! Shown are from left to right; Kassidy Pitman, Tayler Common, and Haley Turner, at the team building station.
The STEM Connect class got to have a scavenger hunt on their first few days of school! This scavenger hunt was focusing on natural resources, and the students collected materials from nature to match their color selections.
AFNR 1 & 2
The AFNR 1 and AFNR 2 classes got to be a part of CDE Draft Day that the officer team put together! The students took an interest survey which then matched them with their top three CDEs or Career Development Events. On Friday, August 30th, the students got to participate and compete in the stations that the officers put together! Then they rated each station on how much they liked it. By doing this the chapter hopes to have sparked interest in different CDEs by the younger members!
AFNR 1 & 2
Tuesday, September 3rd
- Fulton County Fair Livestock Judging Field Trip
- Meet in ag room at 7:45 am, return to school by 2:30 pm.
- Wear jeans and FFA or AW shirt. We will be outside - dress accordingly.
- Bring $ for breakfast and lunch, as well as a writing utensil.
- Michael M, Harrison S, Joel O, Tayler C, Anna W, Vesta M, Lydia S
Saturday, September 7th
- Sunshine Roll and Stroll - 30 FFA Bucks
- Arrive at Sunshine (7223 Maumee Western Rd) by 10:30 am. Sign in as a volunteer and follow instructions. Wear an AW or FFA shirt and jeans. Be ready to walk! :)
Monday, September 9th
- T-shirt money is due! $10/shirt- 10 FFA Bucks
Monday, September 9th
- September FFA Meeting and Parent Meeting at 5:30 pm - 20 FFA bucks for FFA member to attend meeting in ag shop; 10 additional FFA bucks for parent/guardian to attend parent meeting in ag room
- Held in the ag rooms (Room 171 and 173)
- The meetings will wrap up around 6:30 pm
Thursday, September 19th
- AW Courtyard Cleanup - 20 FFA Bucks
- 2:45- 3:30 pm: meet in the ag room after school to work in courtyard. You may get dirty (pulling weeds, mulching, etc)
Friday, September 20th
- Quarter 1 social event: ice cream social - 10 FFA bucks
- Stop by the ag shop between 6 and 7 pm (before the football game) for a bowl of ice cream!
Tuesday, September 24th
- District 1 Agricultural Soils Evaluation CDE - 40 FFA Bucks
- District 1 Urban Soils Evaluation CDE - 40 FFA Bucks
- Students must be selected to participate in these CDEs. They will practice before school or during class.
- On the contest day, students should wear jeans and an AW or FFA shirt with comfortable shoes that may get muddy.
- Bring a pen or pencil.
- Bring money for lunch.
- Meet in ag room at 7:45 am.
Sunday, September 29th
- Farm to Table Event at the Stables- sign up for shift in the ag room- 20 FFA Bucks/shift
- Wear an AW or FFA shirt and jeans with comfortable shoes
Contact and Follow us on Social Media!
Visit our Website at: http://sites.google.com/a/anthonywayneschools.org/ffa/
Anthony Wayne FFA/Agricultural Education is a satellite program of Penta Career Center.