Weekly Newsletter - May 24, 2018
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a safe and prayerful learning environment, enveloped by an intimate community of active and faithful families.
Revisiting this Bible Verse for our last Month of the year
From the Principal
Happy last day of school! We made it! It has been a pleasure and an honor to serve you and your students this year. It has been a truly beautiful year! May you grow closer to God each day, as you see beauty around you while on your summer vacations.
On behalf of the faculty and staff of St. Joseph Catholic School, I wish you a safe and relaxing summer break! We will see you in August. God bless you.
In Christ's Service,
Quotes to Ponder
So great was my joy in God that I took no heed of looking at the angels and the saints, because all their goodness and all their beauty was from Him and in Him.
- St. Angela of Foligno
Take a beautiful soul as your model and walk in its footsteps at all costs.
-St. Joseph Marello
At St. Joseph Catholic School, we are striving to become missionary disciples by bringing others to Christ, through the recognition of what is beautiful around us each and every day, and reflecting that beauty in our actions.
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Tomorrow is the last day of school, as well as a free dress day for all! The day will end with parties and a noon dismissal.
- Time to order Yearbooks! The deadline is May 25th. You will need to enter our St. Joseph Yearbook ID Code: 9390518 when using this link to order: https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/
- Come out to Levitt Pavilion on June 7th at 8:00 pm for a "Frozen" sing-a-long, free family movie night! See the Thursday Folder for details.
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to: smile.amazon.com to participate. Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of "The Page" below. Thank you!
Home and School Association (HSA)
- Don't forget to clip box tops all during the summer months. We will start the process all over again come this August. Thank you to everyone taking the time to do this for the school!
- Looking for uniform pieces? Need to sell some pieces your child has outgrown? There is a Facebook page for that: SJCS Online Uniform Resale.
- It's never too late to join the HSA! Come by the school office to pick up a form. The dues are $15.00 which are used to support the school.
car line observations
- Please do not disregard the cones that are placed around the parking lots. These are provided to help keep our students safe.
- It is very important that cars are not left unattended in the car line. Please park your car in the large lot beside the field if you need to leave your vehicle.
- Please remember that if you are walking your child into the school building, you are to park in the large lot in front of the field. Foot traffic should not be occurring in the very front parking lot, even though there is a defined crosswalk. It is dangerous to be walking between the cars.
- For the safety of all, please be aware of your speed as you move through the parking lots.
- Please be patient with friends and extended family members who drop off and pick up students. Many times they have not been informed of the proper way to navigate the car line. We do reach out to families after arrival and dismissal who seem to not understand the car line pattern.
- If you have a friend or extended family member picking up your child, please take a minute to explain the procedures to them. Please reference the diagram. Thank you!
- We would ask that a cell phone not be in your hand while driving in the car line. We all know it only takes one sudden distraction to alter lives forever.
KNIGHTS IN ACTION!
Congratulations to the graduating class of 2018! We will miss you!
Please enjoy this video created by Mr. Bosquez
Seminarians Come to St. Joseph
The Ordination Mass was a beautiful event to behold! We welcomed two new priests to our diocese: Fr. Moon and Fr. Demma. Please see the link below if you would like to see the video of the Mass.
Ms. Connors class enjoyed following one another's written directions to make these creations.
A huge thank you to Ms. Gavin and her 7th grade students for helping the school finish this year's collection of box tops to be mailed.
Calling all SJCS Alumni!
Do you have any information you would like to share with the entire Knight Community? We would love that as well! Please send your news to email@example.com.
Once a Knight - Forever a Knight!
A Summer Camp Opportunity at NCHS
My name is Ray Depta. For those of you who do not know me, I am the Head Coach of the robotics team at Nolan Catholic High School, the Robo Vikes.
Each summer we hold a summer camp for upcoming 6-8th graders. This summer it will be here at Nolan on June 4-8th from 9:00 am - 12 noon.
Link to sign up:
June 4th to June 8th / Monday thru Friday
Grades: 6 - 8 (LIMIT 20 MAX)
Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sr. Mary Anthony Nguyen, OP and Sr. Maria Theresa Pham, OP
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Parish
- The St. Joseph Parish Expo-Carnival is happening Saturday, April 28th on the church and school grounds. See the Thursday Folder for details. Come join the fun!
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is occurring after daily Mass in the Chapel until 5:45pm. Come spend some time with our Lord.
- Please enjoy this link to a lovely article in the North Texas Catholic about the pastor of St. Joseph Parish, Fr. Kelley: https://t.co/3ItrotxIyf
St. Joseph Parish Conference:
Fullness of truth Conference-July 13th and 14th
Fullness of Truth invites you to their “Dynamic, Contagious Catholics!: Bringing Loved Ones Back to the Fullness of Truth”conference, at St. Joseph Catholic Community in Arlington, Texas, July 13th & 14th, 2018. Renown speakers include: FR. MITCH PACWA (EWTN); DR. MARCELLINO D’AMBROSIO (Crossroads Initiative); JESSE ROMERO (Radio Host), and SALLY ROBB (Author). You can't keep the faith unless you give it away! That's a fact. To be a Christian is to be an evangelizer, and when the Catholic Church calls us to a "New Evangelization", that's simply a reminder of what's always been true, and to which we've been sacramentally called. The great news is this: YOU CAN DO IT- you can become a "contagious" unifying messenger of love and truth - and our dynamic conference will show you how! No need for some deep, new knowledge, and you certainly don't need to master a new set of skills. You've already been equipped because evangelization for Catholics, is simply active love and friendship raised up to the highest level. Together, we will enter into a deeper friendship with Christ, and you'll simply want to share this gift of companionship and joy daily with a wider circle of friends and family. Bring them into the Fullness of Truth, Love and Grace of the Catholic Church!
Register ONLINE HERE! & for more details, visit: FullnessOfTruth.org or call toll free: 877.218.7884 or 877.21.TRUTH.
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.