O'Maley Family Focus
Return to Full Days Edition - April 23, 2021
Outdoor Learning Space
Seating under the tents for classroom use
Minimum 3' apart
Student seating by House, minimum 6' apart.
It's with great excitement that I welcome you back to our return to full school days on Monday. I hope your family took full advantage of April break and are ready to spring into the last leg of the school year. Tents are here, seating reorganized, and schedules completed. We are ready to go, welcoming students once again to a revamped school year with full days, 7:40 - 1:55 Monday through Friday, whether remote or in-person.
A number of folks have been working prior to and throughout the break to ensure that everything goes smoothly on Monday. To that end, I would like to thank the many O'Maley community members, custodial staff, administration and office staff, and teachers, for all that they contributed to this effort, unpacking and assembling 410 desks and chairs, relocating desks and tables to configure classrooms, rebuilding the schedule and enrolling students in classes as if it were the first day of school.
Because of all of these individuals, many of whom worked through the vacation week, we are ready to go with a smooth return to school. It does take a village!
Below you will find information that will assist the transition. Most was shared with students on Friday, April 16th, and there are a few additional items as well.
I look forward to seeing your children and heading together into the last stretch of this very unusual year.
Information on the Transition to Full Days
Important Info For Monday
- Student schedules, including homeroom assignments, are available in the Schoolbrains Community Portal. Due to the complexity of the schedule (10-day rotation) we are unable to print them. Students will be given time to login on Monday, and there is a template available for those who would like to create a hard copy.
- Students will complete an Attestation Form in homeroom on a daily basis. The link is here and it has been emailed to students. The purpose of the form is to ensure that students are monitoring themselves for COVID-19 symptoms and reporting when they are experiencing any of the symptoms so they can be evaluated by our nurses. Now that we are primarily 3 feet apart, this is essential to ensure we all stay well.
- Front Doors will auto-unlock for students at 7:20 a.m. for breakfast, and lock at 7:50 a.m. signifying that students are then tardy and must sign in at the office. Only students who will actually be eating breakfast will be allowed in the cafeteria; no "visitors." All other students must remain outdoors until 7:35 when they may enter and head to homeroom.
- Medical Forms to be completed by students joining the in-person model have been provided to homeroom teachers. Please complete and return them as soon as possible.
- There will be an extended Homeroom on Monday until 8:10 a.m. so that teachers can review schedules and responsibilities of returning to the full school day. Whether remote or in person, the change to a full day will be an adjustment for everyone.