Adams Central Elementary Office News July 2022
A NOTE FROM THE OFFICE...
I hope this newsletter finds you enjoying all the delights that summer affords. It seems that the days of summer always pass all too quickly. As we find ourselves at the end of July, completing registration, and moving toward our first day of school, I'd like to share some logistical information to help ensure a smooth start to the school year.
Mary McCullough, Elementary Principal
It was wonderful to see many of you at Registration. Those who could not attend, please ensure that you have completed the following items before the start of school. All paperwork can be found here on the AC website and must be completed online. You will need to register under one of the following categories: Returning Student, New In-District Student, Request to Transfer.
Registration To-Do List
- Complete online registration; contact Jennifer Sneed if you have questions or concerns with PowerSchool registration at email@example.com
- Sign up for car pick up- new app details below
- Register for Latchkey or Boys & Girls Club After-School Programming
- Annually complete a Volunteer Background Check for field trips and volunteering.
- Ensure that monies are deposited in your child's lunch account
- Upload verification of address to PowerSchool or bring a document to the office to be copied
You can find out who your child's teacher is through the PowerSchool app or by emailing one of the following staff members:
IMPORTANT CAR PICKUP CHANGES: ACTION NEEDED: Zoom Q: Car Rider Secure Pickup
The creator of our car pickup app has made some adjustments to increase security and ease of the pickup process. Please provide the email for the main guardian via this form if you did not do so at registration.
You will receive an email invite from firstname.lastname@example.org to set your password. You will then be able to share the access with others who have permission to pick up your children.
You will no longer need a barcode on your car; instead, you will go to app.zoomq.com on your phone to alert the school when you are here for pickup. The process is easy;
- Set your password once you have received the email invite.
- Open the app and "Start Pickup" when you leave home
- Type in the 4-digit code when you get to the displayed code in the car line.
- Select the students that you will be picking up that day.
KDG: Miss Everett, Miss Hurst
1st: Miss Hamman
2nd: Miss Heck
3rd: Miss Steffen
5th: Mr. Gerber, Mrs. Shoaf
LATCHKEY AND BOYS & GIRLS CLUB AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMMING
AC will continue providing before and after-school Latchkey childcare for PreK through 5th-grade students. There is a registration of $50 for one child or $65 for a family. Additional costs are $3 per hour for the first child, $2.50 for two, and $1.00 for the third. Before-school care is available from 7-8 AM and after school from 3-6 PM. Please contact the elementary office for more details or to register at 692-1011.
AC will also partner with the Boys & Girls Club for after-school programming. If you will be utilizing this service, please plan to sign up for the Boys & Girls Club at Back to School Night. You will need to pay a $5.00 annual membership fee at that time. Or you may contact Andrea Hough at 260-724-9128. Students will be bused from AC to the Decatur Club and possibly to the Berne Club (depending on interest level).
Boys & Girls Club includes homework support, meal, snack, and scheduled activities.
View their website for more details: bgcac.org
PARENT VOLUNTEER LIMITED HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK
WE ARE ASKING THAT YOU COMPLETE THIS BEFORE THE START OF SCHOOL!
Background checks must be completed annually.
The District Calendar can be found here. Upcoming Elementary events are as follows:
- Monday, August 8: Back to School Night 5:30-6:30 PM, Bring your school supplies and meet your teacher!
- Friday, August 19: Elementary Picture Day
- Monday, September 5: Labor Day, No school
- Monday, September 12: PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM, Elementary Library
- Wednesday, September 14: Professional Development for Teachers, No School for students
- Friday, September 16: PTO Walk-a-Thon
- Tuesday, September 27: Body Safety Program
- Wednesday, October 5: PTO Moments with Mom
- Thursday, October 6: Cyber Safety Program
- Friday, October 7: VIP/Grandparents Day, 1:00
- October 17-21: Fall Break, No school
- October 26-27: Parent-Teacher Conferences, 3:30-7 PM
- Monday, November 7: PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM, Elementary Library
- Thursday, November 10: PTO Popcorn and Painting
- Nov. 23-25: Thanksgiving Break
- December 7-8: PTO Santa Shop
- December 15: Grades 1-3 Christmas Program, 7:00 PM
- December 23-January 3: Christmas Break, No school
- Monday, January 9: PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM, Elementary Library
- Monday, January 16: MLK Day, No School (possible make-up day)
- Tuesday, January 24: PTO Floral Class
- Wednesday, February 1: Professional Development for Teachers, No School for students
- TBD: PTO Matball Game
- Monday, February 20: Presidents' Day, No School (possible make-up day)
- March 8-9: IREAD-3 Testing for 2nd and 3rd grade (3rd graders who passed as 2nd graders do not retest)
- Monday, March 6: PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM, Elementary Library
- March 24-31: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 7: Good Friday, No School
- Wednesday, April 19: PTO Donuts with Dad
- Friday, April 21: PTO Basketball Bash and Silent Auction
- Thursday, April 27: 4th Grade Indiana History Program, 7:00 PM
- Monday, May 1: PTO Meeting, 6:30 PM, Elementary Library
- Tuesday, May 9: KDG Program, 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 23: 5th-Grade Graduation Program, 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 24: Last Student Day