A Monday Email from Mrs. Lopez!
A look at the week ahead!
Dear Fatima Families:
This is a really busy week. The next few weeks before we leave for break are busy and we have SO MUCH going on! I wanted to send out a few important reminders! Please read carefully to make sure we are all up-to-date:
NEW PARADE INFO:
- TIME CHANGE for the PARADE this WEEK! We are participating in the Texas City Christmas Parade this Thursday. Extended Day will end at 4:30 on Thursday and we will LOAD and LEAVE by 4:45 (instead of 5:00 pm). We want to leave that cushion to drive carefully to the parade line-up location. We will LINE UP by 5:00 pm. The parade starts at 5:30 pm.
- The theme is ROCKIN FALCONS. Scholars may wear SPIRIT SHIRTS and Jeans. If your scholar is a cheerleader, they will need wear the cheer uniform as outlined by Coach Pursley. If your scholar is a volleyball or basketball athlete, he/she may ride on the Athletics Float and wear their RED colored jersey and jeans. Remember we want to add touches of ROCK n ROLL—sunglasses, colored hair strips (red or green for Christmas) etc.
- Parents cannot ride in the parade; they may walk beside the float if desired.
- WE NEED ALL SCHOLARS WHO ARE IN THE PARADE TO BRING AT LEAST ONE BAG OF CANDY TO THROW!
- We need help decorating the floats from 3:30-4:45 pm after school Thursday.
- Students CANNOT be left after-school unless a parent is present to monitor them. Students will either need to be picked up and dropped off around 4:30, or they can attend extended day, or they can help decorate the floats IF a parent is present to monitor them.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Please remember that all auction item donations are due to your homeroom teacher on Friday 12/7. If you have any questions about the auction basket your class is doing please ask your homeroom teacher.
- Please remember that THIS FRIDAY (12/7) is a ½ day. Release is at 12:00. If your child is staying for extended day, please send a lunch.
- We will have our next HOME basketball games this Wednesday. Please come support our Falcons! They have been practicing and working hard.
- Next Friday, (12/14), is our Christmas PJ and Movie Day. More information to go home in the Falcon Flyer this week.
Finally, remember we are in the Season of Advent! As we wait hopefully and expectedly for our Savior, please take time this Season to remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season! Attached to this email is a calendar of Advent Activities for you and our family to participate in this season.