Nuts & Bolts
January 20, 2019
I feel very fortunate to work with such professional, dedicated people and have the opportunity to serve each of you each day. Thank you for loving and serving our students each day.
STEM week was the best! It was amazing walking through the halls seeing so many students engaged in these extra activities and seeing so many people from our community investing in our school. Thank you, STEM Committee (Nicoletta, Amy Jo, Michelle, Amy, and Christina) for all of your time and extra effort put forth into making this week so successful for our students and families. Thank you all, for your cooperation, flexibility, and encouragement of your students/families in these activities. There would be no STEM week without the student participation and projects. Don't forget, the STEM fun continues this week with Lower El presentations.
Have a wonderful week!
MMA Fun Run Update
The MMA Fun Run kicks off this week! You and your students are going to have a blast!
As a teacher, you play a HUGE role in our school’s financial success. This program is extremely easy on teachers, but we do need your help with a few fun things throughout the program. You’ll learn even more at your Teacher Meeting on Wednesday, January 23rd at 3:15pm in the commons.
Pro Tip: Get ahead and check out the quick to see how to register as a teacher on funrun.com: http://thefun.run/howto1dfdb. You can find your unique teacher access code on the document below.
3 Action Steps for a Successful Program:
1. Check your Teacher Dashboard on funrun.com, daily!
- Use your class Pledge-O-Meter to track your team’s pledging progress.
- View Team Pledge Reports to see which students have registered and which have made a pledge. Use this report to update your class Pledge-O-Meter each day and ensure your students are being rewarded throughout the program for their hard work!
2. E-mail your class parents, daily!
- Use the email templates found on the Teacher Dashboard to update your classroom parents with your team’s progress. Be sure to add your own personalization and a class update to these emails!
3. Promote pledging, daily!
- Celebrate students and your class for getting pledges and motivate them to the next level on your Pledge-O-Meters.
- Remind students each afternoon before dismissal of the nightly pledging challenge.
- Have fun with your students each day of the program!
Thank you for your support of this year’s Fun Run!
MMA Fun Run Schedule
- Early Childhood - 10:30-11am, library
- Lower El - 11-11:30am, little gym
- Upper El - 2:15-2:45pm, little gym
- JH - 2:30-3pm, commons
The actual run will be indoors on Friday, February 1st in the big, addition gym. That schedule is:
- 8:45am - LE (Christina/Karen/Kaley/AM Early Childhood)
- 9:50am - LE (Brittany/Holly/April/Mikaela)
- 10:55am - UE (John/Laura/Amy/Shanan)
- 12:05pm - UE (Amity/Kirsten/Kotie)
- 1:05pm - LE/EC (Jalee/Krista/PM Early Childhood)
- 2:00pm - Junior High
We apologize for the inconvenience this causes your specials and appreciate your support.
Suicide Reporting Procedure
Andrea or René will handle notifying parents. Please do not take it upon yourself to contact parents.
Student Injury Reporting Procedure
In the past two or so weeks, there were more than 10 injury reports involving the head or part of the head where a phone call home was not documented.
Also, please complete all sections of the Student Injury Form objectively. For example:
NOT: Student does not have concussion.
--> Instead: Students' pupils were dilating.
Do not mention other students' names on the Student Injury Form. If other students were involved and disciplinary action was necessary (fight at recess, for example), the entire incident should be documented in Aspire and steps of the Behavior Plan should be followed.
Please see Lana or René if you seek additional clarification.
Employee Injury Procedures
If the injury is not life threatening, you will be required to call a 1-800 number to speak to a triage nurse. That nurse will then advise your next steps - which may include visiting a doctor from an approved provider list. Part of the workman's comp evaluation and medical treatment will include a drug screening test. Please see René if you additional questions.
Assistant Evaluations -Due Friday!
Intent to Return - Form Online - Due Friday!
The MMA Letter of Intent for Employees is now an online form. This link was emailed to you Friday night and is also accessible here. Please complete this form digitally by Friday, January 25th and contact René if you have questions or concerns.
1/21/19 - Open Enrollment for New Students Begins
1/22/19 - PLC Meetings
1/23/19 - Video Fun Run Pep Rally
1/23/19 - Fun Run Teacher Meeting
1/28/19 - Montessori Monday
1/28/19 - Advisory Meeting
1/29/19 - Vertical PLC Meeting
1/29/18 - Chili Cook-off
2/1/19 - MAPA Meeting, 8:45am, Conference Room
2/1/19 - Fun Run
2/2/19 - UMC
2/3/19 - Open Enrollment Closes