It's 4th quarter and things are hopping here at the SAGE Center! Spring time brings Showcases, Contests, Presentations, field trips, and much more to the SAGE Center.
Please stay on the look out for emails and flyers that may be coming from your child's SAGE teacher about special dates, events, and due dates for our SAGE students. As always, feel free to contact your child's SAGE teacher with questions or clarifications.
As noted through district communication, the new last day of school for NKC Schools is Friday, May 31st. SAGE last days have now been established. Please mark your calendar for the dates below:
Last SAGE Days for elementary and middle schools:
- Thursday SAGE, May 16th – 2nd, 4th, & 6th grades (GW, EG)
- Friday SAGE, May 17th - K, 1st, & 3rd, & 6th grades (GW)
- Monday SAGE, May 20th - K, 1st, 4th, 7th & 8th grades (NM)
- Tuesday SAGE, May 21st - 2nd, 5th, 7th & 8th grades (NG, MP)
- Wednesday SAGE, May 22nd - 2nd, 5th, 7th & 8th grades (AN)
Fri., May 31st
Have a great April! Thank you for all you do for supporting the SAGE Center!
SAGE Students Earn Top Honors!
News from PAGS
It's that time of year again! Time to select our Board for the 2019-2020 School Year. If you are interested in getting involved in planning and coordinating our PAGS activities, use the Google Form linked below to let us know what role you are interested in by April 12.
We will distribute a voting form to our SAGE Parents and announce the new Board on April 24.
Wednesday, April 24th, 6pm
6889 North Oak Trafficway
See flyer below for additional details
SAGE Center Dates to Remember!
April & May
April 24 - Parenting Gifted Students Parent Night 6 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
April 24 - PAGS Board Election
April 29 - May 10 PEGS MAP Testing 3rd - 5th grades
April 30 & May 2 - 6th-8th grade Showcase Nights 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
May 1 - Kindergarten - 2nd grade Showcase Night 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
May 6 - 10 - Teacher Appreciation Week
See above for last SAGE Days
Updates from the SAGE Office
- Parking at the NIC: We are working hard to reserve the Southside row of spaces for our SAGE staff and parent visitors. Feel free to park along the fence row and enter through the South door of the Center near the 1st floor circle drive. Parking is temporarily available in the Circle Drive if needed for a quick drop off or pick up. Please avoid arrival and dismissal times.
- Late Arrival: If your child arrives late to SAGE, please enter through the South door of the Center. Parents should sign the student in at the Office. Attendance will be shared with the home school.
- Need the Nurse: When your child becomes ill, he/she should see our SAGE Nurse. Nurse Tilsworth will then contact the parent if the student needs to go home. Please remind your child to see the Nurse, rather than text/call you during school when they are not feeling well.
- Lunch: SAGE lunch times are listed below. If you’re eating lunch at the SAGE Center with your child, please remember parents may sit at a designated table with his/her child. You may also bring food for only your child. Food may not be shared or purchased for other children.
- Lunch Accounts: Lunch accounts may be kept up to date by visiting the "My Payments Plus" link below. Free and Reduced Lunch applications are also available.
Thank you for adhering to the above policies and procedures.
SAGE Lunch Menu
Elementary Broadcasting is on YouTube!
News from the Nurse
We're Trying Hard to Think Spring!
We are confident that the weather will soon become warmer! This will bring students wearing shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. Because of health and safety reasons, students are encouraged to wear shoes or sandals with a closed toe and a back strap, especially for recess at the elementary level.
Flip flops are discouraged during the school day. Our students must travel up and down flights of stairs where they can lose their footing, or kick a stair as they ascend the stairs. Please make certain that your child leaves the house with proper shoes on their feet. In the past, the nurses’ office has seen many cuts, scrapes, and injuries related to inappropriate footwear.
If you have any questions, please contact the SAGE Nurse's Office at 816-321-5350 or your child's home school Nurse.
New MO Gifted Director
Gifted Association of Missouri
What Time Does SAGE Begin and End?
PEGS - 8:25 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. (Thursday, 2:50 p.m.)
6th grades - 8:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. (Thursday, 1:15 p.m.)
7th & 8th grades Middle School - 9:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
K - 5th Elementary - 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Thursday, 2:30 p.m.)
SAGE Lunch Times
6th, 7th, & 8th grades - 11 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
K - 2nd grades - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
3rd, 4th, & 5th grades - 12:20 - 12:50 p.m.
PEGS - 12:25 p.m. - 12:55 p.m. (M-Th) 11:55-12:25 p.m. (F)
On several days of the week, the SAGE Cafeteria is a busy place! Due to minimal space, when visiting your child for lunch, you will be asked to sit at a Parent-Designated table with only your child. Thank you for your flexibility as we accommodate the various lunch shifts.
How Can I Stay Current?
Please like our page at: NKC SAGE.
You can still follow us on Twitter @NKC_SAGE. Please also watch for periodic emails or phones calls from the Center.
The SAGE Center latest news and information can be found throughout the week on Facebook, Twitter, and at www.nkcschools.org - click on SAGE Center (Gifted).