September 18, 2020
School Pictures in October
Use Order Code: 52099XB
New HSE Schools Mask Guidelines
Dear HSE Families:
We are excited to see many of our students back in school and learning with us on-site. With this transition to on-site learning, the health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority. As you are probably well aware of, we are learning something new every day about COVID-19 and how to better prevent the spread of this virus.
We wanted to update you on new recommendations that we are following, that you will also see highlighted in the Operations Plan.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has continued to find that masks help stop the spread of COVID-19 to others, especially when in public settings around people who don’t live in the same household and when you can’t stay 6-feet away from others.
HSE Schools is revising its face covering protocols to reflect new guidance from the CDC, the Indiana State Department of Health and the Fishers Health Department, which includes:
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents should not be worn as they allow virus particles to escape.
- Gaiters should be reconsidered as your child’s primary face covering. According to the CDC, the effectiveness is unknown at this time and is still being evaluated.
- Face shields should be reconsidered as your child’s primary face covering. According to the CDC, the effectiveness is unknown at this time and is still being evaluated.
- During instructional time when staff or students need to see mouth movements. The face shield should be replaced with a mask when the need concludes.
- Due to specific reasons, healthcare provider recommends a face shield is a better alternative for the individual.
We appreciate your flexibility and cooperation in this matter. In addition, if your student is using a lanyard to hold their face covering during the school day, it must be a break-away lanyard. This is essential to prevent any potential injuries, such as choking or strangulation.
We want to ensure our students and staff are safe and healthy while they are in school. We will continue to update procedures and guidelines as necessary. Thank you for your understanding.
PARKING LOT REMINDERS
- Walkers and bike-riders are to stay on the grass and not in the parking lot. Cones are set to indicate the area.
- Please know that West Entrance is now an EXIT only and the East Entrance (bus lot) is an ENTRY only! Please stay to the side as cars will be sharing the entry with our buses.
- Drivers are to remain in their cars in the car rider line. Please DO NOT get out of your car in the drop-off or pick-up line.
Student Fees Are Due
Student fees are due by 10/2/20. To view student fees, login to Skyward and click "Fee Management".
To avoid additional fees, please pay the balance in full by Friday, October 2nd. If paying by check, please make check payable to Geist Elementary and include your student's full name and ID Number in the memo line. You may also pay online via e~Funds by choosing "Other Fees" when prompted. If payment arrangements are needed please contact Kristi Ray at 317-915-4260 or by email email@example.com.
HSE Body Safety Parent Nights
JOIN US FOR A ZOOM PARENT NIGHT TO HELP YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOUR CHILD WILL BE RECEIVING. Meetings will be held September 29 and October 2. Please see details in the accompanying flyer.
Please register here. Registrants will receive an email with the Zoom links the day of the parent nights.
For our elementary students, we will host Indiana Prevention (formerly Chaucie's Place) presentations during the week of November 16-20 via Zoom. 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th grade level classes will receive the presentation at the same time (for example: teacher logs into the Zoom call and projects it for the class).
More clarification coming on how our virtual-only students will receive the information presented from Indiana Prevention.
Meet our PTO Board Members, catch up through the PTO Corner newsletter and learn how you can get involved.
When we're open for visitors and volunteers you'll need a safe visitor badge. Read here for more.
Interested in subbing at school? Read here for more information.
Read here to learn about athletic and other opportunities and activities going on in Fishers.
Mudsock Youth Athletics Updates
Recreational Basketball Registration - Swish. Did you hear? Registration opens Sept. 11th and runs through Oct. 31st for boys and girls interested in skill development and building a love for the game. Open to kindergarteners through 8th grade, the girls season runs from Nov. to early March. Boys (K) plays from Jan. -March, (1st-6th) Nov. - March and (7th/8th) Jan. - March. Opportunities for boys Rec Plus (3rd – 6th) also available. Information and registration can be found at www.myathletics.com.
HSE/Fishers Girls Travel Basketball - Tryouts for Travel Basketball for girls in 3rd – 6th grade will take place on September 21st and September 22nd for Fishers and 22nd and 23rd for HSE. Program information and tryout details can be found here https://girlsbasketball.hsesports.org/Default.aspx?tabid=1208432. Athletes must be registered to attend at www.myathletics.com.
HSE/ Fishers Boys Travel Basketball - Tryouts for HSE and Fishers Travel Basketball for boys in 3rd – 6th grade will take place on September 20th and 27th. Program details and tryout details can be found here https://www.mudsockbasketball.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1204023. Athletes must be registered to attend at www.myathletics.com.