The Stockton Story
September 27, 2020
Above I have attached a video interview of our school's namesake, Dr. Don Stockton. The interview was conducted by our very own Stallion TV. Be looking for more interviews and broadcasts in the near future.
Currently, we have 960 in-person students out of 1294 total students. Every day teachers and students continue to become more comfortable and effective in working within Canvas, our district's learning management system. As we move into the last 2 weeks of the first 9 weeks grading period I want to share a few reminders;
- Remind your child to charge their Chromebook every night and brings it to school daily
- Make sure your child brings their lunch ID daily
- Tutorials are offered daily starting at 8:15 AM. Students may enter the building at 7:40.
- Continue to daily COVID screening using the questions listed below in the newsletter.
- Please do not send your child to school if they have any of the symptoms listed.
- Remember if your child joins the ZOOM class or completes the Canvas "Daily Check Point" and assignments your child will still be counted present.
- Make sure to complete the Free and Reduced Lunch application using the link shared below in our newsletter. Your application should be updated each year. If your student currently receives a free and reduced lunch, they will have to pay full price beginning tomorrow without an updated form.
I also want to share with you that we have dress up days weekly. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are junior games days so we always encourage students and staff to wear their Stallion gear. Wednesday will be your child's "College Day" starting now and until they graduate from Conroe High. Both of our campuses encourage our students to wear their favorite college or college team, or support any of the branches of the military on Wednesday. And every Friday is our day to celebrate Conroe High by wearing their spirit gear. We will also continue to have special dress up days. It was great to see all of our Rockstars last week! Please continue to encourage your child to participate!
Starting in October we will be having "Club Days" on every other Friday. This past Friday our students selected their top 3 club choices. Please view our "Lunchtime Slides" to see all the club options our campus has to offer and make sure to ask your child which clubs they chose!
It is an honor to be the principal of Stockton JH. I look forward to serving you and your children in making this a very successful school year. Please always feel free to reach out to me via phone, email, or "Suggestion Box".
Please review these slides all of our campus's clubs are shared. In October we will begin hosting our club meetings during Advisory every other Friday morning.
Apply Online for Free/ Reduced Meals...
Your application should be updated each year. If your student currently receives a free and reduced lunch, they will have to pay full price beginning September 28th without an updated form.
The Stockton Canvas Template
Click on this button to watch the video showing "how to" read and follow your Maroon/Silver Day Classes
Things to review or complete...
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
We are asking for each parent’s commitment to screening their child daily for symptoms. If your child is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 please keep them at home and notify the campus. They can continue to work remotely and if they do it will not count against their attendance record. Please review the following screening questions and be sure to keep your child at home if you answer “yes” to any of these questions.
COVID-19 Screening Questions:
- Do you currently have a temperature at or above 100.0 F. or any of the following symptoms that are not normal for you?
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Chills or shaking with chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Significant muscle pain or body aches
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing or for individuals with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in your cough from baseline
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
- Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test results due to symptoms that began less than 10 day ago?
Click on this button to go to our website. Please become very familiar with our website. We want it to be a "one stop shop" for you and your needs. If you have any questions or suggestions please share.
Install the Conroe ISD App...
"Common Area Expectations"
Please review these systems with your child. They have been updated with our Covid-19 amendments. As we learn through our practices we will update our systems to best support our students and staff's safety.
Will you be riding the school bus?
Click this button to watch a "how to" video explaining the CISD registration process for the bus. The video is a step by step voice over in English and Spanish.