Instructional Technology Newsletter
September, 2016 - 2nd Edition
Technology Integration Cohorts Kick-Off
Instructional Technology Cohorts:
We are excited to be offering year-long technology Integration cohorts this year. Our "Cohort Kickoff" is scheduled for Tuesday, September 6th, so if you haven't signed up - Do so NOW by clicking HERE.
Hot Off the Presses!
Updated Google Sites
Now you have answers at your fingertips by clicking on the question mark in the upper right hand corner of your district Google Drive.
Good news! Google Forms now offers the option to create self-graded quizzes. Learn more HERE.
Updated Google Sites
Tech Tip #1 - Locking Your Computer
Instructional Strategy - Something to Try!
Engage your students in Twitter-Style Exit/Summary Tickets to assess what they have learned in 140 characters or less. Watch the video to see how one teacher uses this strategy.
Join, Like, and Learn
- Charles Ellis Montessori - 1:1 Chromebook Kickoff
- White Bluff - 1:1 Ipad for K-2
- Hodge - 1:1 Ipad for K-2
- 2016-17 MIni-Grant Recipients: Congratulations to the 115 teachers who received technology through the Instructional Technology Mini-Grant. Good luck as you begin to implement those proposal plans!
- Leslie Ducey and Aida Avendano kindergarten teachers from Marshpoint are in the process of becoming - Seesaw Ambassadors!
- Stephen Salley - 5th grade teacher at May Howard has completed Google Certification Levels I and II.
Have news to share? Be sure to let your coach know!
iPad Tip #1: How to Make the Dock Work for You!
By default, your iPad places 4 icons in your dock area. Fine. But, you may never use some of those icons and there may be others (the photos app, for example) that you use frequently. You’re permitted to put up to six apps in the dock, and you can change those choices as often as you’d like. Read more...
Why We Do what We do!
Oh! Where Did I See That?
Know Your Instructional Technology Coach!
The Instructional Technology Department is responsible for coordinating, organizing, and facilitating the effective use and integration of technology within the schools in order to increase student performance.
Instructional Technology Coaches
Carol Tarnowski - Library Media Technology Coach
Deborah Hargroves - Media and Broadcast Trainer (part-time)
Vacancy - Media Support Assistant (912) 395-1124
Wendy Marshall - Program Manager