Grade 5 Gifted Weekly Updates
Museum Day and Winter Celebrations
Weekly Conversation Starters: See Musuem Day Reminders
Week of 12-8-2014
1. How do I incorporate a moral, or theme, into a play?
2. MUSEUM DAY AND WINTER PLAY PRACTICE
1. Writing “Winter Plays”
2. Developing a vivid setting and character(s) profile
3. Incorporating dialogue into plays to further develop a moral
1. How do I determine the GCF (Greatest Common Factor) and LCM (Least Common Multiple)?
2. What is Prime Factorization?
3. Chapter 6 Intro: Adding and Subtracting Fractions with unlike denominators
1. MUSEUM DAY PREPARATION, PRACTICE, AND PROJECT
2. Weather Review
*MUSEUM DAY: PARENT AND FAMILY DAY, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2014
PLEASE COME JOIN IN CELEBRATING OUR STUDENTS’ SUCCESSES WITH MUSEUM DAY ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2014! PLEASE ASK YOUR CHILD ABOUT THE VARIOUS “TIME SLOTS” FOR THEIR PROJECT ROOM!
*TENMARKS DUE THURSDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2014
Grade 5 Winter Celebrations
Dear Parents and Families,
Semester One is coming to an end already! The students are anxiously finishing their final preparations for Museum Day! (Remember-our parent and family day is on Friday, December 12).
As we finalize Museum Day projects, we are looking ahead to that final school week of 2014-December 15-19. Here are the upcoming events that your child will have the opportunity to participate in: (Grade 3-5 Kickball Game is possible on one of the days, weather permitting)
Wednesday: December 17
Board Game Day-Please bring in an appropriate board game to share with friends. This will be brought home at the end of the day.
Thursday: December 18
Book Blizzard and Cocoa-Students may bring in reading material of their choice, blankets, and pillows to read, lounge, and enjoy while drinking hot chocolate with friends. (Please feel free to send in whip cream, 1% milk, or Hershey chocolate syrup) on Thursday. Be sure to let us know if you will be contributing.
Friday: December 19
Winter Celebration-Grade 5 Gifted Winter Celebration
The Grade 5 Gifted classes are in need of donations. If possible, please donate any of the following items:
v Veggies and Dip
v Juice Boxes
v Paper Plates
Please have donations brought in by Friday, December 19th for our Winter Celebration!