Navigating the River
August 18, 2021
Upcoming School Events
8-24 vs. DeSana @ Lambert HS 6:30 (Wear Tropical Tourist)
8-31 vs Otwell @ Forsyth Central HS 6:30
9-3 Early Release @ 1:30
9-6 Student/Staff Holiday
Note of Gratitude
I realize that transportation delays and long lines as we return to serving a larger in person population can be frustrating at times. We have seen the transportation delays decrease daily. I appreciate your patience as these continue to improve. On those rare rainy mornings, our car line is consistently longer than usual. If you want to avoid a line, drop off is usually pretty slow at 8:30 am.
Some families have written to us requesting information about our COVID reporting and contact tracing procedures this year. I encourage you to review that information using this link. Please know that these processes do sometimes change in response to new information, but this is a reliable site to use.
As always, we love our Riverwatch families!
COVID-19 Reporting Info
As we experienced last year, processes are continuously improved. Please watch the newsletter for any updates to this information.
- If your child is showing symptoms, please do not send them to school.
- If your child has a positive test for COVID-19, contact our nurse, Kim Varner at email@example.com.
- If a child tests positive, any students or staff members who were in the same classroom (or bus) will be notified via Campus Messenger using the primary email that is listed. It is important that all parents check the email that is listed in Parent Portal daily to stay informed.
- Families may choose to self-quarantine their child once notified of possible exposure. Please contact our nurse, Kim Varner at firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision to self-quarantine.
- Students learning in person who are quarantined due to a positive test and students who self-quarantine may continue to stay up to date using ItsLearning.
Parent Permission Forms
If you have not already done so, please log into your Parent Portal account and sign the required beginning of the school year Permission Forms as soon as possible. Forsyth County Schools (FCS) has extended the deadline to complete the forms to this Sunday, August 22 . For instructions about how to electronically sign the forms, click here.
Only 1 parent needs to sign for each student. Parents must sign first, followed by student (s) signature. If you receive a message "signed and pending," you have completed the process correctly. The status will change once FCS processes the forms.
Contact Kelle Russo; email@example.com if you are unable to sign your forms.
Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter!
Vex Robotics Team
Applications are now being accepted for the 21-22 Vex Robotics team. They can be found on the school website or students can see Mrs. Kamat. Applications are due to Mrs. Kamat by August 24th.
School Spirit Days
Panther Pit Stop - School Store
GA Milestones EOG and EOC Scores Available
Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) and End of Course (EOC) Individual Student Reports (ISR) are now available on Parent Portal. ISR provide detailed information about your child's performance. You can find the ISR by following the steps below. If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please click here to create an account.
- Log into Parent Portal or Campus Parent mobile app ( Apple or Android )
- If using the website, click More
- If using the app, click the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) and then click More
- Then, choose SLDS Portal link
- Click Performance
If you have questions, please contact your school administrator or the FCS Assessment and Accountability team at 770-887-2461.
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students
Musical Theater Opportunity
This year, RMS Drama will be partnering with the award-winning Acting Troupe of Lambert to produce our first collaboration project! Students and staff from Lambert will be working with RMS students to produce Disney's The Jungle Book, Kids"! This production will be open to all Riverwatch students Grades 6 - 8. Rehearsals will be lead by Acting Troupe of Lambert (ATL) students, music directors Mr. Michael Abreu (RMS) and Mr. Ryan Wason (LHS) and Director/Choreographer Ms. Carly Ann Berg (LHS). Auditions will be on Friday, August 13th at Lambert High School. For more information, including audition resources, production information, and other important updates, please visit: www.tinyurl.com/atl-rms