December 15th, 2022
Feb 28- Boys Soccer vs. Andrews @6pm (PCP)
Feb 28- Baseball vs. Seminole @7pm
March 1- SAT school day for Juniors, TSI testing/late start for seniors
March 1 -Choir Concert
March 8- Career Fair for 11th and 12th graders 9:30-11:30
March 10- End of the 3rd 9 week Grading Period
March 13-17 - Spring Break
March 23- Report Cards Sent Home
Congratulations Boys Basketball!!!!!!
Great Job Marvelous Matadores!!!
Congratulations to our Lady Matadors on a great 22-23 basketball season!! 💙💙
Congratulations on an awesome 1st season!
Celebrating the coming of future Matadores!!!!
Celebrate Black History Month
Happy black history Month
Coach Kelly Led Estacado High School Matadors from 1975-2000. While at Estacado, his teams won 17 district championships, played in four state semi-final games, and battled for the state championship in 1983. Kelley was named Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Coach of the Year eight times. He was inducted into the Texas High School Coaches Association Hall of Honor in 1997, inducted into the Abilene ISD Hall of Honor in 1988, and inducted into the New Mexico State University Hall of Fame in 2004. In 2001, Kelley was named the Texas Tech Legendary Coach of the Year.
To all students 9th-11th Grade:
If you have not met with your counselor regarding schedules for next year, please stop by the counseling office to talk to your counselor. If you need help in deciding course selections, the courses available are located below.
If you selected to take the following courses you must do an application or fill out a Google form. Scan the QR code to get the forms.
- Welding, Ready Set Teach, Fire Academy, Summer Culinary- use the QR code to fill out the form
Seniors: TSI Testing
TSI Test will be given on Wednesday, March 1. Since that Wednesday will be a late start day for seniors, we will begin the TSI at 11:00am in Room 151. If you would like to participate in the TSI, use the following link to sign up: https://forms.gle/x7B74gmaVeXUjdKD9
After you sign up, you will receive an email with a list of links that you can use to help you practice for the TSI. The deadline to sign up is Friday, February 24. Cost to take the TSI is $10 for both Reading and Math or $5 for one of the tests. Payment is due on the day of testing.
Sign Up for the SAT or ACT?
Most colleges require either the SAT or ACT and express no preference for either test. That said, significant percentages of students at selective colleges are submitting scores from both tests when they apply. Preparing for two major standardized tests may sound daunting, but there are some very good reasons to take both the SAT and ACT, and it's easier (and more affordable!) than ever before to prep for both tests (princetonreview.com)
1. FASFA requirement for graduation. LEARN will be on campus on Wednesday's and Thursday's. Set up an appointment to get this done.
2. College acceptances and scholarships: Please get this information to Mrs. Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can announce your accomplishment.
3. Cap and Gown: All cap and gowns should be ordered by the middle of February to insure delivery before graduation.
4. Scholarship and FAFSA information are found in your Google Classroom, Senior Class of 2023! Let me know if you have any questions. (add the Join Code for students)
- Any chromebook lost, stolen, or broken will need to be reported to the library.
- Chromebook Chargers may be ordered through Mrs Debra Sifuentes
- Students without their chromebook may receive disciplinary action