Reading & Writing Workshop
PUSD 2016-17 Pilot Application Process
You Are Invited to Apply
We are now accepting applications for PUSD's Reading & Writing Workshop Pilot for the 2016-17 school year.
To participate, you must be a K-8 teacher who is:
seeking to grow as a reader and writer and teacher of reading and writing.
- committed to turning your classroom into a richly literate reading and writing workshop,
- collaborative in sharing ideas and learning from others.
- able to attend a four-day writing institute (year 1) or reading institute (year 2) and planning day during the spring or summer of 2016,
- willing and eager to receive ongoing coach support during your reading or writing workshop throughout the 2016-17 school year,
- willing and eager to participate in unit planning and professional development sessions throughout the 2016-17 school year, and
- committed to implementing the units of study, on which you will be trained, within your reading and/or writing workshop during the 2016-17 school year.
Click Here to Complete the Application
2016-17 PUSD Workshop Pilot Applications are due Friday, January 15, 2016.
Take A Peek Inside a Writing Workshop
A Room of Writers