Blair Oaks High School - May 18, 2018
Thank you for a great year!
Summer ACT information
Answers to a few frequently-asked questions:
- The deadline to sign up for the June 9th ACT was May 4th. However, students may still sign up for the June 9th ACT until May 18th if they pay the late fee.
- The June 9th ACT is offered at BHS.
- Last year, ACT added a July National Testing Date. The deadline to sign up for the July 14th ACT is June 15th. However, there are no local schools offering the ACT on that date. Students wishing to take the July ACT should locate a test center by going to actstudent.org. Parkway West High School in St. Louis and Park Hill High School in Kansas City both offer the July ACT date.
- Students who do not attain the required ACT subscores for dual credit classes prior to the start of school will need to change their schedules at registration to replace those classes.
- CMU has agreed to allow incoming Juniors to take Psychology, Sociology, US History I and US History II even if they have not yet taken the ACT. All other dual credit classes require the necessary GPA and ACT Score.
Fall Registration Dates
- 8/02, Thursday - New Student Registration, 1- 6pm
- 8/06, Monday - 12th Grade Registration, 9am-12pm
- 8/06, Monday - 11th Grade Registration, 12-3pm
- 8/08, Wednesday - 9th & 10th Grade Registration, 1-6pm
Be on the lookout for a high school mailing in mid-July. This mailing will contain the paperwork that should be reviewed/updated/signed and returned at your student's grade level registration date. Our hope is this new process will reduce the time it takes to register students.
For planning purposes, please be aware several fees will be due at registration. They include $25 class dues, $25 Chromebook fee, and $5 Parking Fee (if applicable).
- 22 students who will graduate with a 4.0 cumulative GPA or above
- 9 students who have scored 30 or above on the ACT
- 8 students who will go on to compete in athletics at the collegiate level
- 1 student who has been accepted to the United States Air Force Academy
- 1 student who is a National Merit Scholar and earned a perfect score on the ACT.
- Earning a total of $2.6 Million in scholarships
Dual Credit Classes
Dual credit classes for the 2018-2019 school year will be offered through State Technical College of Missouri and Central Methodist University. These classes are available to juniors and seniors who meet the GPA and ACT requirements for each class. Click on following link for more information.
2018 Sports Camps
Blair Oaks welcomes campers of all ability levels in our sports camps. See 2nd page of camp flyer for dates.
- May 30, Summer School begins
- Driver's Ed Class Dates: May 30-31, June 4-6
- PE – Session 1: May 30 & 31, June 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13 (10 days)
- PE – Session 2: June 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28 (10 days)
- Dead Week: July 28 - Aug 5
- 1st Practice Day for Fall Sports: Aug 6
- Jamborees: Aug 17--Football; Aug 18--Softball; Aug 20--Volleyball;