River Bend Elementary School
Home of the Cardinals
River Bend Elementary is excited to have the WATCH D.O.G.S.® program!
This innovative program, being used by schools across America, helps the schools to be positively impacted by the committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in a student’s life. The goal is to have these fathers and father-figures spend at least one day a year at the school to be an extra set of eyes and ears as a positive male role model.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® volunteers perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day including:
- Monitor buildings – inside and outside;
- Assisting at lunch;
- Assisting at recess, study hall, social times;
- Assisting in the classroom, library and other areas where needed
- Play or referee on the playground or in the gym;
- Read with classes or tutor small groups of students;
- Work with flash cards and/or educational games;
- Actively and positively engage with their student and others;
- Be available to mentor male students; and
- Help students with test review.
If you are interested in participating with our Watch D.O.G.S. program, please contact Michael Horst by e-mail at email@example.com or at 298-5301.
To find out more about the Watch D.O.G.S. program, please visit the WATCH D.O.G.S.® web site.