Campus Walkthrough on 9/25/2015
With Executive Director Adrian Luna ~10:15-10:45AM
- Halls were clear
- Staff members were friendly and inviting
- Majority of the students were working on the assignments placed before them
- Why were some doors closed and locked?
- Why did some students have their heads down in classrooms?
- Were teachers showing full videos or snippets?
- Why were 1-3 students on cell phones in random classes (taking selfies, appeared to be texting while other students were working without phones)
- What was going on around the campus that took the hall monitors out of the hallways?
- How are students actively engaged in the learning process, specifically on Fridays?
Modifications (Ideas from Admin Team & Instructional Coaches)
- Implementing the lesson cycle with time-limits for each section
- Engaging students throughout the learning process
- Planning with purpose and intentionality
- No viewings of a media resource longer than 10 minutes
- If media resources are used, they must have a direct link to the objective of the day and student responses are required
- No cell phones used the first 15 minutes of class, unless it's needed for the entire class
- Doors must be opened no later than 5 minutes after class begins/tardy bell
- Do not lock doors if you have to close your door during hallway transitions
- Stations/Walk Patterns for Monitors
Administration & ICs
- Professional development on purposeful planning, lesson cycle, & student
- Monitor instructional and operational modifications
- Implement modifications immediately
- Ask questions or seek input from administration & ICs if they are having trouble implementing the modifications