AAA News You Can Use-February 8
February…Feel the Love
Thank you for all you do! We have had an amazing year with many accomplishments. Take time this week to LOVE what you do. Happy Valentines Day!
Lesson plans are a professional responsibility of the teacher. These plans may be kept in a traditional lesson plan book or generated on the computer. They will be organized in a format so sequential plans may be reviewed, at any time, by an administrator upon request. Plans need to be made at least one week in
advance. Documentation of required standards is important to log in throughout the school year. Lesson plans should follow the curriculum and /or pacing guides established by the HCS district. Technology standards taught or embedded in lessons should be included in lesson plans.
Achieve the Core-
Massachusetts's model curriculum unit-
New York's curriculum modules-
Progress Reports go home Monday, Feb 8
Please make sure you are updating grades in iNow weekly. Parents check the parent portal and are disappointed when grades are not accurate or available.
Common Planning Times
You team/grade level will need to plan to meet this week to prepare score writing prompts. Choose a day and time that best fits your grade level. All math, ELA, and science vertical teams will meet in the media center on Wednesday to share writing results, identify patterns, and plan next steps. Please email Mrs. Small you power point slide for the meeting.
Giordano Tix on sale now!
Lee/AAA have the distinct privilege to host the world-renowned Giordano Dance Chicago from February 12-14. The founder, Gus Giordano is considered one of the pioneers in American Jazz Dance. His daughter continues to run the company today. The company will be providing a master class for our advanced middle and high school students, setting a piece on some high school students, and giving two performances which are open to the public. Please help us get the word out that tickets to both the Saturday evening performance, and the Sunday matinee lec/dem performance are now available on brownpapertickets.com
Contact Sandy Federico with questions.
Peter Pan Tickets are BOGO for AAA students, families, and faculty!
This Week at a Glance
This week is National School Counselors Week-Thank you Debbie Smith!
- Solo and Ensemble
- PTA Meeting
- Snack Chat for 3-8 graders after school. Any volunteers appreciated!
- Vertical Team Meeting
- Valentine Parties for grades PreK-5 from 2:00-3:00
- Student Council Valentine Carnations wil be delivered
- All State Orchestra
- No School
Dismissal Duty for this Week
Humphrey, Owens, Lazor
Bennett, Brigman, Coleman, Estelle
(One things are settled inside-please send one teacher outside to assist in loading cars)
(This teacher should check cafeteria each day for students that need supervision until their after school activity begins. A teacher will arrive to get them by 3:15. We have not had may after school events but they have started up-math team, robotics, rehearsals, etc)
STAR Progress Monitoring this week: ELA
Don' Forget and Things To Do!
- Wellness screening will be February 17 from 8-11 in the Small lab. The sign up sheet is in the bin outside of the nurses office. Please do not take the sign up sheet it needs to stay in the bin.
- Laptops, chargers and HDMI cords should be locked up when not in use. Teachers and students are responsible for the loss if not placed in a secure location.
- Remember that ALL visitors must enter through the main lobby. Remind students they should not open doors. We have had 2 families that have been let in the building. If you see someone that does not have a sticker or badge, escort them to office or call for someone to escort them.