Dragon Roar: 5.24. 2020
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics & Service since 1960
Go Make Disciples of All Nations
It's our last week of classes! Today's Gospel is a perfect charge and call to action for us as we close out the year and head into summer. We are each called to be ministers of God's word and by our examples build the kingdom of God. Let's end this week with this call in our hearts!
Today's Gospel: The Ascension of the Lord, 7th Sunday of Easter, Matthew 28:16-20
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Just as Jesus sent his disciples to make disciples, our family, the domestic Church, is called to bear witness to the life of discipleship. That act of witnessing can take many forms. First and foremost our family should call people to discipleship by the example of our love for one another. That example is only the beginning; our love must extend beyond the family, reaching out to others and to the world.
Together with your family, identify one or more ways in which your family lives the life of Christian discipleship. How can your family live out Jesus' call to action?
Ms. Salazar and the SMCS Team
NEED YOUR FEEDBACK: END OF YEAR SURVEY (Includes Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 Plans), DUE TUESDAY by 10AM
No Online School: Memorial Day
Monday, May 25th, 6am-6pm
This is an online event.
SIGN UP TODAY: PK3 to 7th Grade Carline Supply Drop off and Summer Supply Pick Up
Saturday, May 30th, 9am-4pm
BRING BACK: Library books, textbooks, Chromebooks/iPads PLUS the CHARGER, sports uniforms, and anything else that you borrowed that belongs to SMCS.
GIFT FROM US: Summer packet and materials to support summer enrichment, Lifetouch Class pictures that were ordered
REMINDER!! ALL LATE WORK DUE MONDAY, MAY 25
UPDATES THIS WEEK
- PreK to 7th grade closes out grading on Friday, May 29. ALL make up/late work is due by Monday, May 25 at 5PM for credit.
TBD and to you ASAP
- The Archdiocese is updating our school year calendar for now. For now, plan on Aug. 17 as our start date for 2020-2021.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, Have you done HFF yet? If no, please complete ASAP.
- Apply!! The sooner the better. First round awards have been released. Second round closes in June but it's better to apply NOW.
- Even if you do not receive Arch HFF Funds or enough to support your needs, SMCS will use your data from the form to support you as resources allow.
- For ALL families that RECEIVE HFF funds, we will reimburse the $35 application fee.
- Open for Kinder to HS, however, if you are going into PreK, still complete as we will use the form for your financial assistance. You will be rejected by HFF AND we will use your app information for internal support as resources allow.
MAY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
- We are STILL here to help as resources allow! Thanks to the incredible generosity of our community AND potential PPP loan (application in processing---pray for us!), we can support on a family by family basis.
- Has your financial status changed? Do you need support? Please email email@example.com or call my remote learning financial assistance line at 210-650-2031 from 10AM to 5:30PM, Mon to Fri. We are here to help! If I miss you I will return calls in one business day.
Thank you for your patience. Please email if you are waiting on a callback, we want to make sure we do not miss you!!
2020-2021 Tuition Assistance from Hope for the Future
1) Complete OR relog on to your 2020-2021 FACTS Application at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid if you had already filled one out, you can just log back in!
- You will have to pay $35 fee to FACTS (the Arch/HFF/we do not get this).
- I will reimburse ALL families that get charged $35 to fill this out for COVID related assistance on your May tuition.
2) You will need:
- 2018 OR 2019 tax documents along with their most recent W-2
- You may take pictures of their tax docs with their phone and upload those pictures directly into their FACTS application.
- Give a complete financial picture, be sure to turn in any financial effects of COVID19--furlough, loss of hours, etc.
3) Should you need assistance editing their application you can contact the FACTS parent line at 1-866-412-4637.
4) The deadline for the 2020-2021 school year extended until June.
Please complete ASAP.
ARE YOU A PREK FAMILY NEEDING ASSISTANCE? Please email me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Events this Week and Next: SAVE THE DATE!
Please review EACH week as times are subject to change.
Wednesday Zoom Lunch: Guest Speaker and fun!
Wednesday, May 20th, 12pm
Friday School Wide Zoom and Children's Mass
Friday, May 22nd, 8:45-10am
Zoom, 362 -174- 5604
Weekly winner of family survey completion announced!
Join us if your schedule allows.
Children's Mass to Follow at 9AM.
8th Grade Graduation: Private Ceremony for Students and Immediate Family
Wednesday, May 27th, 12am
This is an online event.
END OF THE YEAR HOMEROOM AWARDS AND GRADUATIONS
Your homeroom teacher will send you your Zoom code to enter. Below are the start times for each grade on June 1 for your end of the year classroom awards and closeout zoom end of year party!!
End of Year Prayer Service and All School Crest/Mission Awards PK3 to 7th Grade
Tuesday, June 2nd, 12-1pm
Save the Date: Summer School
Monday, July 6th, 8am to Thursday, July 16th, 12pm
St. Monica Catholic School
Sign up on the Summer Survey. Priority will be students needing additional academic support with recommendations from teachers. We will have a waitlist as well.
Learn MORE about Today's Gospel
Counselor's Corner: Note from Mrs. Moncrief, Class Code: 72fdwe3
Join Mrs. Moncrief for guidance lessons and check ins!
We have three ways to connect:
1. Email: I will do my very best and reply by the next day. If there is an emergency, contact Ms.
Salazar and she can get hold of me.
2. Zoom: Every day from 2:00 – 5:00 pm, Meeting ID: 865-730-234
3. Padlets: digital bulletin board. I add new things every week. Just browse and click on the
tiles. Hopefully, some things will be helpful.
Padlet for Parents, Password: Parent
Padlet for Students, Password: Student
Looking forward to supporting you!