5th Grade News! LAST ONE!
For the Week of June 1-4, 2015
A Note to Parents From the Fifth Grade Team:
Thank you for helping us to make this a wonderful and successful year. Your support has made it possible for us to provide unforgettable experiences and opportunities for our students. We hope you will stay in touch with us and keep us updated on your child's endeavors and activities!
- Sharing memoirs
- Literature Circles (reading)
- Researching inventions and inventors
- Real-world science
- Historical figure interviews
Your homework is to enjoy your summer and look forward to your first year in JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL!!!
Information and News
- 5th Grade Learning Celebration (9:00am) and Backyard Bash (afternoon) - June 3
- Last Day and Early Dismissal - June 4 (dismissal at 12:40)
- Report Cards go home on June 4
- Yearbook Signing Date: June 4 (please make sure you bring your yearbook on this day!)
**STAAR scores were sent home on Wednesday, May 27.**
Learning Celebration Information:
- If you have not done so already, please complete to pink RSVP slip sent home in Tuesday folders. These are due Friday, May 29.
- Please send a change of clothes with your child. We encourage students to dress up for the Learning Celebration, but will be having our Backyard Bash in the afternoon, and students will need "regular" clothes for enjoying the outdoors, crafts, dancing, etc.
- Our Learning Celebration is at 9:00am and will be in the gym. Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to 9:00 so that the office can get you checked in.
- We recommend that parents refrain from bringing flowers, balloons, etc. to the Learning Celebration. Students will not have a place to store these items after the event. As an alternative, you might start your child's day with a special treat such as flowers, balloons, donuts, or whatever your family tradition might dictate. Thanks for understanding.
Yearbooks: There are a limited number of yearbooks available for $45 each. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in purchasing one.
Junior High Information:
Here are some upcoming important dates at Seven Lakes Junior High to put on your calendar:
August 10 - Crush Camp: This is an event for incoming 6th graders or new students to SLJH to introduce them to the campus.
August 14 - Back to School Dance: This is a fun event for 6th-8th graders
August 20 - Spartans In Sync: This is when 6th – 8th graders will get their class schedules, practice walking their schedules, get their locker combinations, and purchase Spirit Wear.
The SLJH PTA will post important information throughout the year on our SLJH PTA website and on our SLJH PTA Facebook Page. Please click “like,” hover over the like box to “Get Notifications” AND “Follow” so that all of our events will show up in your Facebook newsfeed.
School supplies for the 2015-2016 school year can be purchased online through the SLJH PTA Website.
Summer Art Fun and Info:
CHECK OUT THESE wonderful Art websites to create more ART at home!
· National Gallery of Art: NGA Kids ArtZone- interactive art activities, art history etc…
· Haring Kids- From Keith Haring- fun online activities for kids and great lesson ideas
· MOMA Kids Wing- fun activities from the Museum of Modern Art Web Art
· Destination: Modern Art—from the Museum of Modern Art
· SmART Kids – from the Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago; for students ages 7-12 to discover ways to look at, think about, and respond to ART
SUMMER ART LESSONS
1. Glassell school of Art , downtown Houston
2. Elizabeth Linder, retired KISD Art teacher and artist 281-579-7688
4. KATY ART school, 281-665-3272 or www.katyartschool.com
TWE Summer Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 7:00am-5:00pm
Medications in Nurse's Office
Please make sure all medication kept in the TWE Nurse's Office is picked up by Friday, June 5.
5th Grade Team Members
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG