Know more about diabetes and help yourself find a solution.
WHAT IS DIABETES??
CAUSES OF DIABETES:
Diabetes is caused by the immune system destroying the cells in the pancreas that make insulin.
This causes diabetes by leaving the body without enough insulin to function normally.
There is no specific diabetes causes, but the following triggers may be involved:
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Chemical toxins within food
- Unidentified component causing autoimmune reaction
- How to recognize and treat low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar
- What to eat and when
- How to take insulin or oral medication
- How to test and record blood glucose
- How to test urine for ketone
- How to adjust insulin or food intake when changing exercise and eating habits
- How to handle sick days
- Where to buy diabetes supplies and how to store them
- Stop smoking
DIABETES CAN CAUSE:
- kidney damage- nephropathy refers to damage to or disease of the kidney. An older term for this is nephrosis
- heart attack- a sudden serious medical condition in which the heart stops working normally, sometime causing death
- stroke- a sudden serious illness when a blood vessel in the brain bursts or is blocked, which can cause death or the loss of the ability to move or to speak clearly
- amputation- a condition disability resulting from the loss of one or more limbs
- blindness- the state of being blind or lacking sight
- coma- a state of deep unconsciousness that lasts for a prolonged or indefinite period
- death- the end of the life of a person