InTheLoop - March 4, 2016
BCS Lumberton's Weekly News - Editor, D. O'Brien
- J. Kamau, Principal
- M. Castellane, Supervisor of Education
- R. McGill, Secretary
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS KELLY!!!! (BIRTHDAY ON MARCH 5TH)
WHAT WILL YOU DO TO REACH YOUR GOALS?
1. Remember: Mid-Terms are due this MONDAY (March 7th) by close of business.
2. The Lumberton Campus Basketball team remains undefeated! Congratulations Team! Two rescheduled games are coming up! Details coming soon!
3. Place your Easter pie orders now! See details below!
4. Gradebooks need to be updated.
Boys Matter - a NYTimes Article
Mr. Cottrell regarding his students' Black History Projects
EASTER PIE SALE
It's time once again for the Easter Pie Sale!
Place your orders now until March 15, 2016
Pies available include:
Apple (crumb or lattice topping)
Blueberry (crumb or lattice topping)
All for only $6 each!
Please order using the form emailed by Ms. Heather.
Delivery date is March 24, 2016
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.