ALL STAR LABRADORS
Enchanted Forest Book Fair
Monday, Oct. 22nd, 9am to Friday, Oct. 26th, 11:30pm
12900 West Little York Road
There’s a time when a child falls in love with a book . . . and then reading. Your Book Fair may just be that “once upon a time” for your students. Capture kids’ imaginations in fall 2018 with a forest full of tales and inspiring, “happily ever after” results!
Student Preview Days will be October 18th and 19th
Once Upon a Time Family Night will be October 23rd from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Lee Elementary WatchD.O.G.S.
If you were not able to attend the Watch DOGS Kick-Off and you are interested in volunteering half a day or a full day, please fill out the bottom portion of this form and return it to school with your child. We will contact you to schedule your volunteer opportunity! J
Email Dawn Wagner at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Lee Elementary Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students)
To sign up online: http://tinyurl.com/h2ly2s4
School Messenger: Email and Text Notification System
In order to have better communication with parents, information will now be sent via text and/or email through School Messenger.
What is SchoolMessenger?
SchoolMessenger allows you to personalize communications from your school or district into one centralized feed.
1. Click the LOG IN Button on the top of the page on your internet browser (https://accounts.relianceco.com/#/createuser),
or Download the SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market.
2. Enter your email address and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via your email, return to SchoolMessenger and sign in using your email and password.
What's in SchoolMessenger?
Once you've created your account, we'll automatically link the records associated with your email address. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account - student, staff, parent records.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information and configure how you would like to receive notifications.
Is SchoolMessenger secure?
The sign-up process creates a secure link between the user and SchoolMessenger. SchoolMessenger operates with the latest encryption technology to protect access to stored information. SchoolMessenger is also a signatory of the Student Privacy Pledge, which requires us to adhere to 12 stringent data protection standards as a further assurance of our commitment to protecting your data.
What else do I need to know?
Device (Push) Notifications will trigger a badge or alert when you receive new communications from your school or district. You can choose to receive Device Notifications in addition to, or instead of, the phone calls, emails, and text messages you normally receive.
It’s College Week here at Lee! From October 9th - 12th, we will raise awareness about post-secondary education. As a campus, we will discuss the importance of a college degree, give facts about popular universities, and provide themes for each day so students can show their college spirit!
Themes for each day are as follows:
Tuesday - “Hats off to Graduation Day!” Students can wear hats that represent their college of choice.
Wednesday - "Geek'd about College." - Wear nerdy clothes
Thursday - “Represent your college choice" - Wear your college shirt.
Friday - “Lee Labs Are College Bound!” Students can wear Lee apparel.
Let’s make sure all of Labradors are College-bound!
PTO IS BACK IN ACTION!
Welcome from the Lee PTO! The school year is well underway, and PTO is excited to have kicked-off the year with a newly elected board. As parents, we are eager to serve. We know that our efforts benefit our children, administrators and educators. We appreciate your support as we begin planning fundraisers and events for this upcoming school year. If you see us, please feel free to ask us about joining, volunteering or donating to PTO and our endeavors.
We’d like to introduce you to our 2018-2019 PTO board members:
Kerry Suhr, President
Melissa Ellis, VP Membership
Tiffany Casas, VP Fundraising
Rosemary Fuentes, Secretary
Connie Gomez, PIE (Partners in Education)
David Gabriel, VIPS Special Events
Cristina Block, VIPS General Assistance
Cynthia Calderon, Treasurer
Parents and teachers working together make our School a success!
Congratulations to our PTO Membership School Supply Winners
Ana. M Cruz (Joshua Garay)
Dania Martinez (Aribella Martinez)
Esther Lee (Chloe and Claire Ki)
CONTACT US: Lee_PTO@outlook.com
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: LaFaye Johnson Lee Elementary School (Parent Teacher Organization)
Notes from the Nurse
Sometimes children do not make it to the restroom on time. Additionally, with all the rain and subsequent mud on the playground, please keep a complete change of clothes in your child's backpack in a large Ziploc bag with their name on it. This may save you a trip to school to bring your child clean clothes.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
To enroll in the program to help support Lee Elementary:
All supporters must have a registered Kroger Plus card account online to be able to link their card to an organization.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you can obtain a digital Kroger Plus Card when creating an account online or at any Kroger store.
- Link your card at www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com.
- If you have an existing account, click on “Sign In”, otherwise click on “Create an Account”.
- If you are a new online customer:
- You will need to enter your email address, create a password, enter your zip code, click on favorite store, and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once you are done entering your information you will get a message asking you to check your e-mail inbox and click on the link within the body of the e-mail that was sent to activate your Kroger account.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Enter your email address and password and click on “Sign In”.
- Click on Community then on Community Rewards” then click on enroll now, complete personal information, click on save.
- Enter your organization’s number or name and then click on “Search”.
- Select your organization and click on “Save”.
- To verify that you enrolled correctly, you will see your organizations name on the right side of your account settings page.
Once you are linked, you can start earning rewards immediately toward the organization you are supporting. (Note: The message saying that you are supporting an organization through the Kroger Community Rewards program will start printing on your receipt about 10 business days after you linked your card.)
Remember, you must swipe your registered Kroger Plus Card or use your Alt ID when shopping for each eligible purchase to count.
Thank you for participating in our Kroger Community Rewards program!
Free and Reduced Lunch Meal Program
If your child participates in the Free/Reduced Meal Program, and you have not re-applied for the 2018 – 2019 school year, your child will not be able to participate in the program after October 9, 2018. All students must reapply each school year. Applications are available only online at https://freeandreduced.cfisd.net/Register.aspx .
If you need assistance with internet access, please contact Dawn Wagner, 713)849-8294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place Box Tops in a plastic bag and write the student and teacher's name on the bag. Students will turn them in to a collection box located in the library.
October Core Value: CONTENTMENT
Our value this month is contentment. Being content means being happy with what you have. With so many advertisements on TV and movies; it can be hard not to want the latest and greatest of everything. Advertising companies try to make us, the consumers, buy things. This month, we’ll talk about how to find happiness with what you already have.
School Cash Online - Coming SOON!
Pay School Fees Online!
With SchoolCashOnline you can:
- Pay for your child's school fees online, including spririt shirts, yearbooks, and school supplies. Anytime, anywhere.
- Avoid the hassle of having cash on-hand to pay for school fees.
- Receive email notifications regarding school fees and events.
- Help us reduce the amount of cash in our schools.
Fast. Safe. Convenient.
Safety is the top priority within our commitment to providing safe and efficient transportation to over
75,000 students every day. A crucial part of this service is knowing when and where each child gets on and off the school bus. ZPass allows parents to receive notifications when their child enters and exits the school bus.
How ZPass Works
Students place their ZPass Multipurpose Card in front of the card reader as they enter and exit the school bus.
The card reader emits an audible beep confirming the card was read.
The time, date and location of where the student gets on and off the bus are immediately recorded to a secure database, accessible only by transportation and school officials.
Parents can sign up for instant notifications, via push or cell phone text messaging and/or email.
Parents can sign up for notifications by going to https://www.zpassplus.com/. ZPass + app is available at Google Play and the App Store.
Badge replacement fees: $3.00 for bus badge and $1.00 for lanyard.
Show your Labrador spirit every Friday by wearing a Labrador T-Shirt. New "All Star Labradors" themed shirts may be purchased for $10.
The order form can be printed and sent to school with payment with your child.
Lee Elementary Website
Check out the Lee Campus Website for more information at http://lee.cfisd.net/en.
You can find all kinds of helpful information, including links to
- · faculty web pages
- · faculty email addresses
- · lunch and recess schedules
- · large group schedules
- · school supply information
- · spirit shirt order forms
- · library resources
- · access to student textbooks