Hancock Elementary School
Level Up 2021-2022
First Day of School Reminders
- Doors will open at 7:45, parents are welcome to walk their students to class on the first day.
- Be patient, parking will be limited due to ongoing construction.
- Have your student wear the green Transportation sticker they received at Meet the Teacher to school on Monday.
- PreK classes will meet in the cafeteria every morning.
- 5th grade classes, and 4th grade, Ms. Garrison's class, will meet in the cafeteria on the first day only.
- Due to breakfast and additional classes in the cafeteria, we ask that parents say good-bye to their students at the cafeteria doors.
- Dismissal begins at 3:30
- Buses will run longer the first few days as the students and drivers learn the stops.
PM pick up will be at the back of the school. The line will form on Prestonwood. Please do not access Prestonwood from Glencliffe (by the pool) as this will block the buses from leaving.
Car Tags will be needed for PM pick up. They will be available in the front office from 8:30-2:30 on Monday. Anyone without a Car Tag will be asked to sign their student out in the front office by showing an ID.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- First Day of School
- Student Chromebooks delivered to campus, distribution to new students will begin (this week)
- No School-Labor Day
- 2nd-5th grades Math Beginning of the Year District Progress Monitor (window begins)
- PK-5th grades Reading/Language Arts Beginning of the Year District Progress Monitor (window begins)
- Curriculum Night 5:00 pm PK-2nd grades (more details coming soon)
- Curriculum Night 6:30 pm 3rd-5th grades (more details coming soon)
- 1st grade Math Assessment
- 3rd-5th grades Science Beginning of the Year District Progress Monitor
- Board Meeting 6:00 pm
- No School for Students, Teacher Work Day
- Step It Up Kids Kick-Off Assembly