By: Sammi Snyder
Bottlenose Dolphins are found in warm sea water worldwide. Bottlenose Dolphin's are Omnivores, their main prey is shrimp, fish, and squid, but their favorite food is fish. These dolphins swim in a pack from 15 to 2000 in number. They communicate by clicking sounds to other dolphins, specifically to others in their group.
Bottle-nose Dolphins Jump Out of Water - Stock Footage
The Bottlenose Dolphin's predators are humans, sharks, and killer whales. When they are getting attacked, they would use their huge pod side to their advantage.
- Bottlenose Dolphin can make over 1,000 clicking noises a minute.
- Military forces use Bottlenose Dolphins to locate sea mines and enemy ships.
- Bottlenose Dolphin would help the local fisherman by leading fish towards the nets and then escaping their nets.
- For being longer than a 6 ft human being, a Bottlenose Dolphin's average weight is between 440lbs - 660lbs.
- The average life span for a Bottlenose Dolphin is 45-50 years.