Blogs, Websites, and More
- Tool categories: communication, creativity, presentation, reflection
With the free version (there are also paid options) it only takes a few minutes to set up your blog or website. WordPress is accessible through mobile apps in addition to traditional computer access. No special expertise or equipment required!
- Choose "Create Website" and select your category
- Pick a layout
- Choose a domain name
- Choose a plan (like the free one!)
Then simply create your account, and you're ready to start publishing.
- Yes. I get frustrated very easily if a website like this takes too long to learn. I have started and dropped several personal blogs/social media accounts because of this reason. There was very little trial and error when learning to use WordPress.
How much of my blog/website can I customize?
- The free WordPress accounts do not allow you to create a custom domain name. It also has fewer theme and customization options. However, you can still add your own images, change fonts and colors, and control posting and privacy settings.
What is a good target age for students using WordPress?
- Teachers of younger students may want to use WordPress to keep parents updated on what their children are learning/doing each week. If the students themselves will be using the site, then middle school age or older would be more appropriate.