District-wide ENews Notes
February 2, 2023
Mon., Feb. 6 - Sports Booster Club Mtg., H.S. Lobby Conf. Rm., 7 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 7 - Budget Study Session (followed by a regular BOE Mtg.), H.S. Cafe., 6 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 14 - District Health & Safety Committee Mtg., 3:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 15 - Music Booster Club Mtg., H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
Mon., Feb. 20 - Fri., Feb. 24 - Winter Recess - No School
Mon., Feb. 27 - School Reopens
Mon., Feb. 27 - HFLEA Executive Committee Mtg., High School, 3:15 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 28 - Budget Study Session (followed by a regular BOE Mtg.), Middle School Discovery Lab., 6 p.m.
**NOTE: Please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Inside HF-L Winter 2023
Senior Citizens' Luncheon and Performance
Manor Craft Club
Monroe All-County Music Festival
Congratulations to the following students who have been selected to represent HF-L at the Monroe All-County Music Festival, based on blind audition recordings and solo-festival scores. The festival is at West Irondequoit and the Eastman School of Music on March 3rd and 4th. These students will perform at 2:30 on Saturday, March 4th on the Eastman Kodak Hall Stage. (Tickets available)
Calvin Burke (Wind Ensemble)
Henry Burke (Orchestra)
Claire Connors (Chorus)
Maeve Connors (Chorus)
Owen Dack (Chorus)
Ellie Davis (Wind Ensemble)
Will Emerson (Chorus)
Maegan Frame (Chorus)
Kate Gabrielsen (Chorus)
Taber Gloor (Chorus)
Kaylee Henshaw (Chorus)
Alana Khona (Orchestra)
Paige Moscicki (Chorus)
Jenna Quinn (Chorus)
Learn Spanish with Honeoye Falls-Lima Community Ed!
School Counseling Advisory Council
The HF-L District School Counselors are interested in adding members to our School Counseling Advisory Council. We value input from our community members and are hoping you will consider joining us for two meetings, approximately one hour each, over the next year. We need your help to:
- Review current programs and processes
- Provide feedback on areas that are positively impacting our students
- Share areas that you believe could be improved
We need parents, students, teachers, administrators and community members to provide us with the views of a variety of stakeholders. If you would like to help us build the most effective program possible for our students, please consider joining us by completing the survey in this link:
The District School Counselors
HF-L CSD Partners with Paper
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to continue its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library Ongoing Programs:
- Story Time Tuesdays, 10:00-10:30 AM Preschool Story Time at the Library open to preschoolers and their caregivers. Join Miss Kelly for songs, stories, and simple crafts each Tuesday.
- Paws to Relax Tuesdays, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Tech Training Wednesdays, 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Knit Nook Thursdays, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
- House Plant Care, Tuesday, 2/7/2023, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. Join Master Gardener Suzanne Feather at the Mendon Public Library as she teaches us all we need to know about keeping our house plants healthy and thriving.
- Overdose Prevention and the Opioid Crisis in Monroe County. Tuesday, 2/7/2023, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Jason Teller, Manager of Addiction and Prevention Services for the Monroe County Office of Mental Health, presents on addiction, the effects of opioids on the body, how to identify an overdose and how to administer the overdose reversal medication, naloxone. Those attending will take home a naloxone kit (supplies pending). Free program, but, registration is required. Open to teens and adults.
- Firefly Friends February Mini Meet Up, Wednesday, 2/8/2023, 10:00 AM - 10:40 AM. For children 2-5 with their caregiver.
- "Women in Mechanical Engineering": Local authors talk about new book for Women of all ages considering Careers in Engineering. Wednesday, 2/8/2023, 6:30pm - 7:30pm, Wednesday, February 8, 2023. Women of all ages are encouraged to join us at the Mendon Public Library to hear RIT Engineering Professor Margaret Bailey, Ph.D., P.E., Founding Director of AdvanceRIT, and RIT English Professor Laura Shackelford, present on their new book, "Women in Mechanical Engineering: Energy and the Environment."
- In This Moment Part 1: A Conversation with Black ROC Leader. Wednesday, 2/8/2023, 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Join Amanda Chestnut, curator of In This Moment, as they discuss the first two chapbooks in the second edition of the project that pairs 10 teams of Black writers and photographers with 10 Black leaders from across the city of Rochester. Amanda will be joined by Reenah Golden, Founder, Executive & Artistic Director of the Avenue Blackbox Theatre, and Timothy James Johnson PhD, Minister at Asbury First United Methodist Church and Sabbath Rest Farm and Professor Emeritus at Roberts Wesleyan College. In This Moment is published by Visual Studies Workshop Press. Chapbooks are available at local public libraries. This program series is presented in partnership with several MCLS libraries. Registration is required. A Zoom invitation will be sent the day of the event.
- Excellus 1-Hour Consults, Thursday, February 9, 2023, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Reserve a free, one-hour consult, today.
- Tween Holiday Collage Card Night, Thursday, February 9, 2023, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Limited to 15 tweens. Sign up today.
- Blackstorytelling League of Rochester, NY, Inc. at Mendon Public Library, Saturday, February 11, 2023, 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM. Commemorate Black History Month by joining the Blackstorytelling League of Rochester, NY, Inc. at the Mendon Public Library for a special afternoon of stories for all ages. Sign up today.
- Meditation Monday, Monday, February 13, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. In this interactive, Guided Meditation series, you won't have to be a master to experience this ancient art by having someone guide you through the process. You will learn what meditation really is and the effects it can have on the body. This experience will enhance and deepen your awareness within your body and will allow you to tap into your inner peace. This powerful group experience will be followed up with discussions that will leave you feeling relaxed & inspired. You will be able to take these techniques with you to incorporate them into your daily life. Everyone is welcome. Wear comfortable clothing.
- There's More to the Story, Thursday, February 16, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Patrons of all ages, join us for a fun, community art project. Please rsvp.