2nd Grade News
with Ms. Przedpelski
These forms are due this upcoming Wednesday, October 19th. Please make sure your child's form and $13.00 payment are turned in by the date so they can join us on this exciting field trip to the apple orchards!
2. Homework Packet:
This week your child's homework packet is a bit shorter than usual. If your child is in my math class, they have a page of instructions about how to prepare for our new chapter about multiplication this week and prep for their Ch. 3-5 assessment! We also have a science test this week. Your child is bringing home their study guide today so they can spend time studying/preparing for their assessment on Tuesday! Also... your child should be moving right along with their pumpkin project! We are expecting quality work on their book reports, so they should spend time this week finishing their chapter book or working hard on the reflection and report portion of this project.
3. Uniform Reminder:
As the cooler weather approaches, please be reminded that your child can only wear their FSA fleece jacket inside our classroom. Any other jackets are not permitted inside the classroom. Of course, students can always wear jackets out to recess if it is chilly! However, inside our classroom only the FSA fleece is allowed.
Every Kid Votes!
Hillcrest Orchards Information
Field trip forms are due on Wednesday, October 19th.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students will be heading on a field trip to Hillcrest Orchards on Wednesday, October 26th. All the kids will participate in a wagon ride through the orchards, around the pond, and through the woods, visit an apple and honey bee museum, learn about animals and visit a petting zoo, hold a baby chick, watch and maybe participate in milking a cow, cheer on some pigs in a pig race, and enjoy some fresh apples and apple cider!
- When: We depart from school by 8:15 am and return to school between by 3:00 pm on October 26th.
- Where: Hillcrest Orchards 9696 Hwy. 52 E., Ellijay, Georgia 30536 - 706-273-3838
- How: Students and Chaperones will be transported using a school bus.
- Cost: Students should bring $13 to their homeroom teacher in cash or a check made out to “FSAPS” by Wednesday, October 19th if they would like to attend.
- The Hillcrest Orchards staff needs the final student count by Wednesday afternoon so any students who have not paid $13 by Wednesday at 4:45 pm will be unable to attend this trip.
- Lunch: We will eat lunch at the orchard. Please make sure nothing needs to be heated and that your child’s lunch is packed in a disposable bag.
- Chaperones: We will allow four chaperones per class. Each chaperone will also need to pay $13, however, the payment must be made separately from your child. Please click on this link to sign-up if you would like to be a chaperone and for more details. First come, first serve!
- Attire: Make sure your student comes to school wearing some layers. As the weather warms up throughout the morning, the kids can do some shedding! Students should wear comfortable shoes and the trip is planned for rain or shine. If there is light rain in the forecast, bring a raincoat. If there is heavy rain the trip will be canceled. Your child is allowed to wear jeans or comfortable pants on this trip, but they must also wear their red FSAPS polo.
Pumpkin Book Report
PUMPKIN BOOK REPORT PROJECT
Students have until Monday, October 31st to complete a book report and decorate a pumpkin based on a character from their book! There will be a winner for each grade level that will get a special prize. You can also find a scanned copy of this project assignment under READING on FSAconnect.
THIS PUMPKIN BOOK REPORT PROJECT WILL COUNT AS THEIR CHAPTER BOOK FOR OUR OCTOBER READING LOGS!
FSA Mobile App
We are happy to inform you that now you can check fsaconnect by mobile app.
Here is how you can access the app:
ITunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/radix-mobile/id1159005166?mt=8
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radix.radixmobile
The links can also be found at the bottom of your connect page by the other social media links.
A pop-up banner will appear on top of the screen when users access the school connect on their mobile devices.
Site link: https://fsaconnect.fultonscienceacademy.org
Username: fsaconnect username
Password: fsaconnect password
Want to help our 2nd grade classes?
Help our students learn to research and read all about their Science and Social Studies concepts by clicking the link and ordering a book (or more) for our 2nd graders to share... There are also some fun fiction books!
All three 2nd grade teachers are very grateful for our parent support!
Home Visit Program
Home visits are a special program offered by FSAPS to help build the parent, student, and teacher relationship. This is an opportunity for your child's teachers to visit and get a closer look at their life at home. This helps a teacher to know more about each of his/her students, and build a strong relationship between school and family. These are optional, but if you would be interested in planning a home visit for your child, please see the information below.
How Can You Schedule a Home Visit?
This process is very simple. Please send an e-mail to our home visit coordinator, Mrs. Unal, at email@example.com. In that email, please provide three available dates for your child's home visit. We will get back to you to confirm a date. At least two teachers will be together for home visits; specific names/subjects will be dependent upon teacher availability.
For any questions you have about this program, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: the best times to schedule a home visit are weekdays after 5:00pm, and during the weekends, except Sunday mornings.
Mark Your Calendar:
Tuesday, October 18
Picture Re-take Day
Wednesday, October 19
Hillcrest Orchard field trip forms and payment DUE
Thursday, October 27
Academic Teams fundraiser at Sweet Tomatoes (30% of proceeds will go back to FSA)
Red Ribbon Week
Wednesday, October 26
Hillcrest Orchards Field Trip - Grades 1-3
Thursday, November 17
2nd grade Friendsgiving (more info to come in November, this will be for students only)
Thursday, November 17
School wide Thanksgiving Dinner (6:00pm)
Wednesday, November 30
Aquarium field trip (more info to come in November)
Winter Celebration (Parent volunteers will be needed!)