April 1, 2020
Has kindergarten enrollment been postponed?
For the safety and security of our students, staff, parents, and community, we have postponed kindergarten enrollment until a later date. This date will be determined after the COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we can safely gather for enrollment purposes. Please follow the Pevely Elementary and Dunklin R-5 Facebook pages for current information.
Is my child eligible to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year?
All children living in the district, who will be five (5) years of age ON or BEFORE July 31, 2020, are eligible to enroll.
How do I ensure I get registration papers and up-to-date information about Kindergarten Enrollment?
We are asking parents of ALL incoming kindergarten students (whether you previously enrolled for screening or not) to EMAIL the following information to: email@example.com
EMAIL Address (very important)
Due to the COVID-19 closure, we will be communicating via email more than usual.
What can I do to prepare for registration NOW, while I wait?
We are asking parents to be proactive and begin a few tasks to speed up the enrollment process once a date has been determined. The following tasks can be started or completed prior to enrollment dates:
- Complete Registration Papers - (Will be released next week on the district website and via email (again, please send us your current email address so you stay up-to-date)! Registration papers will be online in a Google Form due to the COVID-19 closure. Please keep an eye out for links to the kindergarten registration papers online!
- Immunization Records – Make sure your child's immunizations are UP-TO-DATE. If they are not up-to-date, please get your child's immunizations up-to-date now so there is no delay during enrollment. Please make sure to have proof of the immunization records available for copy once we begin the process.
- Proof of Residency in the Dunklin R-5 School District - Set aside documentation to prove residency. Only one item for proof is needed. For example:
- Lease or sales contract
- Current utility bill with parent/legal guardian’s name and address
- Birth Certificate - State Issued - please make sure you have your child's state issued birth certificate available for copy at the enrollment. If you do not have a copy of your child's state issued birth certificate (hospital certificates will not be accepted), please apply for a new one NOW so it will be in for the enrollment.
- Any legal documentation (if applicable) - Please gather any legal documentation that is important for the school to have regarding your child. Please have documents ready for copy at enrollment.
- Comprehensive eye exam - (Strongly Recommended) - Please take your child to the eye doctor to get an exam and have proof of the exam ready to copy.
- Dental Exam - (Strongly Recommended) - Please take your child to the dentist to get an exam and have proof of the exam ready for copy.
- School physical completed by a physician - Please take your child to the doctor to get a physical and have proof of the exam ready for copy.
- Gather any other information deemed necessary for the school to have.